Contributor
fido

kindle fire - email

just got kindle fire set up no prob appart from email noithing i put in works says contact isp been on help site noithing there some of the links dont work ! can any one help please:smileymad::smileymad:
Contributor
trileymill

Re: kindle fire - email

Hi,
There's another thread on the forum with full details but I don't have the link just now, but I took a note of these details yesterday as I plan on setting up a Kindle Fire HD for my in-laws shortly.

Incoming: IMAP.talktalk.net
Server Port: 143
Outgoing:
SMTP.talktalk.net
Use SSL: OFF
Server Port: 25

HTH
Dan
Super Contributor
grouser

Originally Posted by fido
just got kindle fire set up no prob apart from email nothing i put in works says contact isp been on help site nothing there some of the links don't work ! can any one help please:smileymad::smileymad:

There is a thread in Amazons kindle forum that may help(I have Kindle but not the Fire)and this problem is well documented as a load of Fire Owners are experiencing the same problem and some say it works now and then and others saying like your self nothing works,
Just Googled problem re this and take a look

www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADRA_enGB480GB480&q=kindle+fire+...
N/A
KevinOConnor

If this has been stated before forgive me but here goes: Have just set up talktalk email following a week odd of frustration. Cause? Trying to enter talktalk email as 'other provider' or whatever the heading is. There is a pre-set entry for AOL - and it just clicked that talktalk is an AOL email system. Selected 'AOL' from list provided on setup page, entered my talktalk email address and password and it all worked fine. You are not asked for all that 'ingoing/outgoing server' nonsense - what plank ever thought your average Joe/Joanne would be the slightest bit interested in having to learn all about that rubbish? - it is all pre-supplied. Hope this helps.