cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WAN DHCP CLIENT (1) STOPPED issue

Spudgun600
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

My home broadband connection has been dropping on the WAN link multiple times a day for the last few months. I have reported it many times to talk talk through the support chat service and still nothing has been done. I work from home and so many of my meetings have been interrupted. I am really at the end of my temper and do not know what to do.

When I look at the router logs, at the time the problem occurs I get the message

WAN DHCP client (1) stopped

and the LED on the router goes from white to orange for about 3-4 minutes.

I am also getting lots of 

ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_dns.resolver.arpa)

occurring every few minutes, sometimes more frequently.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

OK, I'll pass it over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Chris,

i haven’t not been in contact with them as i was never given contact info, wasn’t transferred to them when i was trying to fix my issue.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

OK thanks. Just to confirm, have you contacted TalkTalk's freedom fibre support team?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

hi chris,

from previous chats with talktalk support there was no mention of contacting freedom fibre. so i have done that now, waiting on a reply

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK thanks. Could I just ask, have you tried contacting the Freedom Fibre support team about the issue with your Full Fibre service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Chris,

all cables are set up the same as when they where installed and haven’t been unplugged, turned it off for 30 mins. Still has red LOS light on.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks. Could you make sure all cables are connected to the ONT correctly then turn the ONT off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back and check to see if the lights are any different

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

hi chris,

The only lights on is a red LOS and green power.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Spudgun600,

We will really need to take a look at the Full Fibre service. Which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

hi michelle

i use the old copper line as the fibre line for some reason doesn't work and it hasn't since December 2022. the ont did work for a day then it stopped working and i had to swap back to the old connection just to have internet access. due to having two lines i can not perform a connection test as the talktalk website doesn't allow me to.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, do any lights change on the ONT when the connection drops or just on the router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes