cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't send, reply or forward emails, I get this message

Gearboxracer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Failed to execute 'querySelectorAll' on 'Element': 'map:not(svg map),canvas:not(svg canvas),del:not(svg del),ins:not(svg ins),a:not(svg a)' is not a valid selector.

Any one have any ideas

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

The error message is produced by the Open Xchange platform for TalkTalk Mail but is not a standard error message. The age of your device and software makes me wonder if there's a compatibility issue. Open Xchange currently support Mac OS 13 or newer.

For some time now TalkTalk Mail has required the use of Mac OS 10.12 or newer simply because the mail apps prior to 10.12 were using out of date security.

Have you got a newer device to test with?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gearboxracer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

I'm using a Macbook air with Yosemite 10.10.5 

I've tried Chrome version 10.10 and also Safari

I'm accessing via Talktalk, webmail on the Mac

Attached is screenshot, I click new mail, the form appears for a millisecond and error message remains.

Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 17.46.26.png
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

What device are you using, what is its operating system?

What browser are you using, what is its version?

Are you using TalkTalk Mail webmail or an email client? If an email client which one and which version?

Take a screenshot so I can see what you see. Upload here after image editing to obscure any personal data.

I mention images because the element terms quote svg which is for vector graphics and canvas which is for pixel images.

0 Likes

Gearboxracer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

So up until 11.00am 15th march everything was normal this was when I sent my last email. I haven't done anything different after that point.

After that I would push the send button. The image of the new email form would fade into the background and this error message appears. It also appears of I use the forward button on an email or reply/ reply all.

As for the error message involving images, I don't know if this error message indicates an image issue.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

TalkTalk Mail webmail is sending perfectly normally. So what are you doing that's coming up with a code execution error involving images?

0 Likes