cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Password for Outlook email client

NOTTOC1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 2 of 2

Hi Chris,

I use MS Outlook as my mail client with my TalkTalk mail going to my Outlook address as per your settings.

However, recently I found that I can't send emails from MS Outlook - on trying to 'repair' or 'test' the connection to the smtp outgoing server, a message comes up asking for a password to access TalkTalk server.

I tried my Talktalk passwords- an old one and the latest one, but neither work.

Can you tell me if there is some other password I should use?

thanks

Andy

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

There is only one password per email address. It's the same password to sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail as to use for an email client like Outlook for both the incoming and outgoing server settings and authentication.

A weak password may be rejected by mail servers even if accepted by TalkTalk Mail webmail. Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters although I recommend 12 - 15. The password must be multicase letters and at least one number and one symbol. Does your password that's associated with the mailbox email address comply with minimum requirements?

Check the TalkTalk Mail webmail login first.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

Make sure via the User avatar top right and menu item Update your reset details that you do have password recovery options saved for both an alternative active email address and mobile 'phone number.

You don't seem sure of the password so if you cannot sign in to webmail try the forgotten password link. If you then don't see password recovery options let me know as you'll need TalkTalk help.

If all is good up to this point then take screenshots of the Outlook incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here using the camera icon above this Reply area. I'll take a look and advise further.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution