cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

gmail

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi

There seems to be a problem with sending emails from a Tiscali email address to gmail, emails to gmail are not being received or are delayed.

David
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Thanks Gondola, I normally use Thunderbird to forward the message, I just click on forward. I notice that issues with gmail are cropping up all over the place. With any luck perhapg Gmail will correct the issues, eventually !

Thanks for your reply

Regards

David

Message 2 of 7

Ah, you forward emails received from the Amazon organisation. So, yes that's effectively the same as sending from your tiscali.co.uk mailbox and that mail message will be sent fully authenticated. So if that is being dropped by the Gmail inbound mail servers without a bounceback notification to tell you why it's not been delivered to the Gmail mailbox then that will be because Gmail thinks it's spam.

Are you forwarding the message Inline (as part of the tiscali.co.uk message) or as an Attachment?  These settings are via the Settings cog icon (top right on the blue header bar - desktop browser) and the All settings menu item and then Mail and scroll down to Advanced settings and then the section Forward email as: Inline (the default) or Attachment. You could try changing this setting to see if there's any difference in the way that Gmail is dealing with the forwarded message.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

HI Gondola,

Thanks for your reply, I dont quite follow what you mean, sorry. I use Thunderbird normally, when I want to forward an email received from Amazon (It is sent to my Tiscali email account) I simply click on forward to send it to a gmail account, therefore it is sent from Tiscali.

I hope i have explained that well enough !

Regards

David
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Simple fix for the ones that do not arrive is not to forward from Amazon SES. The outgoing mail forwarded from Amazon SES will not be authenticated and if the DMARC policy is set to 'reject' then Gmail will drop that unauthenticated incoming message and not send any bounceback.

Send all messages direct to Gmail so the sending email address is the one being authenticated by SPF, DKIM and a DMARC policy relevant to the From: address.

0 Likes

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply,  I remember reading about that at some point, I can confirm that the emails are not in spam folders. Some emails get through straight away, the ones that never seem to arrive   (They dont bounce) are emails that I forward from Amazon.

Once again thanks for your reply, with any luck the issue will be resolved soon 😀

Regards

David
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

We're aware that Gmail are dumping a lot of mail into Spam folders as a result of a new anti-spam policy set by Google for Gmail.

Delays could be because mail is being scanned for potential spam.

If you don't get a bounceback non-delivery notification then, for those recipients that advise you that your mail has not been received, they should look in the Spam folder, select the message and then select the Report as not spam button to get that message and your future messages delivered to the Inbox.

0 Likes