cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Repeated problem with Eeros and Fibre 900

DHA_UK
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

I have had Fibre 900 since April this year. Generally I am very happy with the service. 

However I have had a recurring issue, which used to happen every 3-4 weeks and now occurs every 2-3 days. 

My internet speed will drop to 94mbps up and down. The line speed when connected directly to my computer shows full speeds as expected but via the Eero it sits at 94 and 94.

Previously talk talk have said restart the routers, then speak to Eero. I have now spoken to Eero and they say, restart the routers and speak to your internet provider.

So essentially its restart the router every few days............

Not really support from anyone when there is clearly an issue with either my line or my talk talk supplied routers. And yes, they are up to date with the latest software. 

IMG_1722.png

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Ryano1,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Yep between ont and router 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Thanks for letting me know. So you replaced the Ethernet between the ont and the eero with a different one to the one that was supplied? I’ll give that a try and hope it makes a difference. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

@Ryano1, you've posted on another customer's old thread.

Start a thread of your own, and that will enter the queue for attention from staff. 

You need to return to the message board and click start a topic. 

Also complete your community forum profile details. That is so that staff can identify your account. Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES once you have added your account number. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi there

I eventually resolved the issue by replacing the Ethernet cables that were supplied with the routers and have had no speed problems since i did this. Hope this helps 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

I’m experiencing a nearly identical issue to the one described in this post. I’m finding that almost daily my speed is dropping to 94mb download and 94mb upload. This shows when running a speed test in the eero app. I’m on the 900mb plan. Only way to resolve is to reboot the gateway eero, which brings the speed back to normal. 

This really frustrating. Line tests etc show no issue. Support isn’t hugely helpful. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Yes, I think it definitely worth a try

Chris

0 Likes

DHA_UK
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 20

Not yet, but that was a consideration. I would need to re-create the network to do that reading how they are configured. I will probably try that the next time the speed drops off

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

OK thanks, have you tried swapping the eero's round so that the gateway is the leaf and the leaf is the gateway?

Chris

0 Likes

DHA_UK
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 20

Eero haven't given any indication what it might be, their latest advice (outside of contacting my ISP) is as follows;

Since you have already tried the troubleshooting steps and still the speed is dropping, kindly try this troubleshooting. When you internet drops:

• unplug the main eero from your modem and connect a computer directly to your modem of your internet provider as it still shows here that your speed is good in our system. 
  • Kindly try that connection a computer directly to computer to confirm if there are no packet loss from your internet provider.

If this you can try this step 2-3 times and still the same, kindly swap the eero. If nothing works after doing all of these, please update me. Thank you for your time and patience.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Thanks, did the eero support team give any indication what the problem might be, it's hard to see that it's a problem with the internet connection if the speed is fine when connected directly to the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

That is correct yes, whenever the Eero speed drops off the ethernet cable to the ONT connected to my computer has full speeds. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

And when the speed drops if you connect the ethernet cable from the ONT directly to your computer the speed is back to 900Mbps?

Chris

0 Likes

DHA_UK
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 20

Right now it is as expected 940 down 111 up 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

OK thanks, what's the speed like at the moment?

0 Likes

DHA_UK
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

I had to restart the eero yesterday morning at around 8.30am 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi DHA_UK,

How has it been over the last 24 hours?

Chris

0 Likes

DHA_UK
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Thanks for the offer. However the speed issue on the eero says wired speed test, so i am not sure if looking at WiFi interference will solve the problem completely. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes