cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Multiple Adapters with Eero

WAYSIDE36a
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Have recently had Full Fibre 150 installed with an Eero router and Telephone Adapter.

Previous Router used a Powerline Adapter to connect to TV in another room.

As the Eero Router only has one Ethernet Socket, can I use an Ethernet Splitter to connect both Telephone & Powerline Ethernet cables to the Eero Router at the same time ?

Anyone any info. ??

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

HollyBankHouse
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

We have the same problem and it's appears general be it OpenReach or contractors installing you Fibre. 

The old routers had four ethernet ports   but the eero only has one 

As soon as you have a analog decider for your landline that's it. Zero information Talk Talk about how to still use Power line  boxes still.  Urgently using two One in two out usb powered splitters looped so I can RJ45 to  converter and then on to Powerline socket box. Adcisex 8. Channel giga yte ethernet switcher. Might work as well £14.

Gee 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

TalkTalk YouView boxes cannot connect by wifi, it has to be ethernet. As previously advised, if you need more ethernet ports get a switch e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-LS1005G-Wallmount-Ethernet-Splitter/dp/B07VWB347G/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3...

0 Likes

WAYSIDE36a
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

TalkTalk expert suggested my TV Box Huawei DN 372T should connect wirelessly, but all the instructions onscreen insist on using an Ethernet cable !  Anyone know which is correct ?

TV runs happily through Powerline Adapters, supplied by TalkTalk, but only get basic Channels if Ethernet Cable removed to attach the Telephone Adapter, also supplied by TalkTalk, which cannot be connected at same time because only one Ethernet Socket on Eero Router !

Surely TalkTalk should supply the required Connectors for this situation, as it must happen quite frequently !!!    

Further advice and/or comment would be appreciated !!!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

A splitter is not something TalkTalk [provide but can be picked up cheap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

WAYSIDE36a
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Thanks Karl

Is this something TalkTalk should have provided when they supplied my Telephone Adapter, knowing that I already had Powerline Adapters previously supplied by themselves ??

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

You can use an ethernet switch to split the ports.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes