cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 124 of 124

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
123 REPLIES 123

Message 21 of 124

That is correct the iPlayer app on My Tv will not play uhd because iPlayer uhd update has not got the update rolled out yet on this model 

The TV is 4K / UHD 

but this is nothing new there are lots of other customers with other branded TVs that have inbuilt iPlayer that does not play UHD 

I read somewhere that the BBC iPlayer  team released a press release that to watch iPlayer UHD If certain TVs have not received the update is to use a separate certified box 

We know the Netgem box works (iPlayer UHD) but not the TV hub 

The TV Hub recognises 4K / UHD and plays YouTube 4K 

All TalkTalk have to do is do a rollout of a software update to fix this and it will help so many people

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 124

Hi

Can I just clarify something you mention earlier, the BBC Iplayer App on the TV itself will not play UHD Content directly ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 124

This is not a TV problem it is a problem with the TalkTalk TV hub that could be resolved by a software update 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 124

Take the TV back to the shop and explain how it's not working?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 124

This is not a TV problem

The TV was bought from a UK shop

0 Likes

Message 26 of 124

Was the TV perhaps sourced outside the UK and/or is otherwise not compliant with UK standards?

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 124

THE TV IS 4K and has a 4k port

ALSO THERE IS A 4K SETTING IN THE TV MENU FOR 4K 

THIS IS A PROBLEM with the TalkTalk TV hub not with MY TV 

AS OTHERS ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUES AS I AM 

You are saying this is a verified box for iPlayer UHD TO WORK but the iPlayer Team are saying different

TalkTalk need to communicate with the developers / Manufacturers AND the iPlayer team to fix this   

It makes no sense when something works in an old box which is the netgem box to break it when bringing out a new box the TV hub

0 Likes

Message 28 of 124

Being 4k compatible does not mean your TV is actually a 4k TV just that it will display 4k content, but not necessarily at 4k resolution.

Given the native iPlayer does not output UHD to the TV suggests that the TV is not 4k UHD compliant, therefore the Hub will not play UHD content.

You can resolve this once and for all by supplying the TV model so that this can either be confirmed as not being a 4K TV or resulting in further investigations to solve the issue if it is a 4K one.

Thank you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 124

Yes it is a smart TV and outputs 4K / UHD but does not play iPlayer UHD 

I have seen people experiencing the same problems with the TalkTalk TV hub as me where The TV is 4K compatible and TV Hub outputs 4K /UHD and 4K / UHD works but iPlayer UHD does not

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 124

Can you confirm you Panasonic is a smart TV?

Does you Panasonic's native iPlayer play UHD material?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 124

I am providing information as requested but you  do not need My TV model 

This is a problem with The TV hub not with MY TV

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 124

Hey, really,  you want to know why I was asked for my boxes Google ID?

It is not relevant to your thread and I CAN'T not won't tell you as I've signed an NDA, unlike you who won't supply information requested to further your issue.

I was just trying to see if this would be helpful in clarifying what may have been meant by the Google ID.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 124

It is a Panasonic TV that is all I am saying 

Please tell this to the team dealing with this 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 124

Hi

no one is trying to blame your TV, but without all the facts, an investigation cannot be completed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 124

I HAVE explained before so many times 

I am not providing My TV model number because IT IS NOT A TV problem

Send this to the team dealing with this

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 36 of 124

Hi

They have specifically requested the make and model of the device the TV Box is connected to.

As mentioned previously, without this information, then they cannot investigate further.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 37 of 124

That is not true 

I have seen people using the netgem box and the tv hub on 4K TVs that are not certified and iPlayer UHD works 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 124

below is requested information

Current Iplayer Version.

Application Version: 32.13.13.0

Are you using the supplied HDMI Cable or your own ?

yes, i am using the supplied cable as well as tried different others 

If it was a cable problem the TV hub would not be outputing 4k / UHD

Make and Model of the TV or device the TV box is connected to.

I HAVE explained this before. This is not a problem with MY TV 

google id from the bottom of the TV Hub

Thanks  

0 Likes

Message 39 of 124

Hi

The order was rejected by the system, not physically by an individual etc, so something I will have to get picked up.  The manual request was processed by the Logistics teams.

Our Senior TV Product manger works closely with broadcasters so has confirmed that the box is fully certified.

They do not require the google ID at the moment, just the information from my last post.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 124

Do you still need the google id from the bottom of the TV Hub

0 Likes