cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Full Fibre incorrect billing

briduser
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hello,

I've just upgraded to Full Fibre.   I spoke to a TalkTalk representative on 9th April and we agreed on a contract which would be £27.00 a month (I've got the email detailing this).

However, the "my packages" page shows that I am paying £29.08 instead.   On the front page of my talktalk account it says that my price would rise £2.08 per month on 4th April, but this was before I agreed a new contract on 9th April.     I had queried this with the talktalk webchat person and she confirmed that the new contract would be £27 and not £29.08.

Could someone please help?

Edited to add -   I've found the email with the agreed new contract from 9th April and it confirms £27.00 and it states "Please note there is a CPI rate of inflation + 3.7% price increase annually from April 2025".    

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

No update yet, Im trying to find out when the cut off date was, as from what you have shown and what I can see  your account has been impacted by the price rise in April.

Message 2 of 11

I'll re-escalate this so that it is followed up, @briduser.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

briduser
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

Is there an update to this?   I've shown you the text from the WebChat and the contract we received where it clearly shows that we should only be paying £27 and not £29.08.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Yes - you'll find it matches the account number referenced in your monthly billing email, so basically My Account. 

You can reinstate the images as long as that detail is removed. 😀

0 Likes

briduser
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Thanks Gliwmaeden2, it is appreciated.    I did check the documents for personal information and knew there wasn't any.   

However, I had no idea that the number was my account number as it doesn't actually say that - it is just a number with no context as to what it is, 😀.     Thanks for looking out for me though as I wouldn't have left it in if I'd realised

briduser_0-1714477692369.png

Message 6 of 11

@briduser, whenever posting the documents, please remove / redact personal information details. That includes the account number.

I've removed the illustrative Contract images from your posts for that reason. 

0 Likes

briduser
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

I've also got the full web chat script that was emailed to me and that again clearly states £27 and it would increase every April starting in 2025.

Below is a snippet from the transcript :

"Great, that matches what we have on the system. You have chosen to upgrade onto our fibre 150 Digital Voice plan This is on a 24 month contract for £27.00 per month. If you wish to make any changes to your package within your minimum term, you may be liable to pay a fee. The monthly price for your broadband plan will increase each year from April by the rate of inflation (the Consumer Price Index) plus 3.7%, starting from April 2025. This does not include boosts or other charges such as calls or calling features. If you make any changes to your plan, you may incur additional costs. We estimate your download speed will be between 153.0 and 150.0 Mbps. Your actual download speed may vary depending on the quality and length of your line, wifi connection and also how many people in your house that are online at the same time. Your actual download speed may also be lower than the range that we have given you. Your minimum guaranteed download speed is 120.0 Mbps. If your actual speed falls below this please contact us and we will attempt to improve the speed. If we cannot do this within 30 days you can leave your contract without penalty. You will receive a welcome pack from us that will include information about estimated speeds and what to do if you experience problems. Further information about our service and the Ofcom residential speed code is also available from our website."

0 Likes

briduser
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 8 of 11

I actually received two documents on th 9th April.   One says contract information and one says Contract Summary.   I've posted the Contract Summary one as well and it clearly says £27 and that there would be an increase in April 2025 but doesn't mention any increase in 2024.

Edit: account number was showing. 

0 Likes

briduser
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 9 of 11

Sorry Arne, but that is not true. 

This is the contract that I received on 9th April :

Edit: account number was showing. 

As you can see, it clearly states it is £27 and not £29.08

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi briduser

When you renewed on the 9th we sent you the contract information details which you have to read and accept before the sale is completed, each document show the price as £29.08

As your contract was renewed on the 9th April you are not effected by this years increase, but it will take effect from 2025. 

Regards

0 Likes