cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I am trying to leave talktalk and keep getting palmed off on the phone, please help

Hammertime
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

I am trying my very best to leave talktalk and keep getting palmed off on the phone, please help.

I am trying to leave talktalk and they keep hanging up on me or trying to talk me into offers when I keep telling them I am already with another ISP now etc.

Can you please help me asap, I only have 5 days of my contract left and I'm already with another ISP but talktalk just want to haggle and argue constantly on the phone and they are driving me crazy, I know I am free to leave anytime as talktalk freely admit but talktalk on the phone are being so awkward as per usual, I have been with talktalk a very very long time now and they should treat people who have been very very loyal customers in fact all customers with respect, I'm only trying to leave as is well within my rights, I know I need to give 30 days notice etc but they just don't listen on the phone, please help me.

P.S, I meant to add that I left and went to ZEN FTTP (FULL FIBRE) and Zen digital voice for my phone landline, Zen even told me that talktalk wouldn't allow them to port over my old landline number that I had had all those 15 years or whatever length of time but approx those amount of years, so even though I was free to leave Talktalk they told me (according to Talktalk themselves on phone) they told Zen they wouldn't allow Zen to port over the number I wanted so desperately to keep and Zen had to give me a totally new another number as there was no other option.

I was and am totally disgusted at Talktalk for doing such a thing to me and losing my old number after all these years, but that's for TalkTalk, Zen to argue about, the very least I would expect is an apoligy from talktalk but that's to be seen and/or heard.

I WANT ALL OFFICAL correspondence from talktalk, everything and anything in email or in letter or both to confirm everything as proof, I am done with their nonsense although my time with talktalk 90% of the time was good, but dreadful TELEPHONE customer support though, the worst I have ever came across, I would and could say more but I will draw the line at this at least for now.

Thanks.

TalkTalk Router - on Fibre 65 and Unlimited calls phone boost, and Fixed price plus boost for full 2 year contract Nov 2021 to 8th Nov 2023 which stops ANY PRICE INCREASES for entire contract length.
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

It's really not clear whether that Colgate address applies to actually cancelling or just discussing issues etc, @Hammertime.

The Ts&Cs give you:

20231103_193519.jpg

And:

20231103_193615.jpg

It's up to Talktalk to keep its Ts&Cs info up to date. Keep a certificate of posting.

Given that this is in their Ts&Cs they have to legally respect a written request following these instructions, and, if they don't, you can set up a complaint formally too....

It's too ridiculous that they waste customers' time on the phone. I can understand them having to go through the script once, trying to keep you, but not repeatedly putting obstacles in your way.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 22 of 26

@Gliwmaeden2 , is it the one in soapworks, colgate lane ? Could you please confirm ? Thank you 😉

TalkTalk Router - on Fibre 65 and Unlimited calls phone boost, and Fixed price plus boost for full 2 year contract Nov 2021 to 8th Nov 2023 which stops ANY PRICE INCREASES for entire contract length.
0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

@Arne-TalkTalk  Spoke again twice to the loyalty team today and they are still giving me the runaround, what a waste of time😞

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 26

Hi Hammertime

Sorry that you are unhappy.  

Cancellations cant be processed on the community they can only be done via the telephone with our Loyalty team on 03451720088 

Once the account is cancelled the number will be released and your new provider will be able to claim it. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

@Hammertime, forum staff are simply not authorised to process cancellations, and nor is Chat, which leaves us very vulnerable, with no paper trail.

But you CAN write.

You will see it mentioned both in the Ts&Cs (foot of the page link) and in the details given with the cancellation instructions here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.