cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Multiple contract renewal requests but none successful

s1977
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi Admins

Just writing here to seek help on this unfortunate issue. I have been on chat with 4 of your contract renewal agents, 3 of whom have actually renewed my contract making me go through the long process on chat; however none of which have actually gone through and i still remain on a Faster Fibre contract paying much more than required to have a basic Fibre service. I got my 1st contract renewed on 07/01, then 2nd one on 12/01, a third on 22/01. Not a single one of them has gone through and changed my package. No subsequent agent could provide supporting detail on what went wrong the last time and instead asked me to apply for another renewal next time.

I last came off a chat session with another agent, Sinetokozo who had escalated this to your Back Office but a subsequent follow-on check again later via another agent couldn’t confirm any progress. I was also assured that since this was an escalation, I will receive an update in 7 or so days, again nothing has since happened.

This has already dragged on for a month and is likely to drag on further, so can someone here help getting a simple renewal through please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @s1977

The renewal has gone through as of the 4th Feb, 24 month contract.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hurrah!

I think on the whole this stuff seems to be done better over the phone, though it's annoying not having a written transcript.

I think they sometimes send an email through at the time, and @Arne-TalkTalk can check it all for you anyway after the weekend, @s1977.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 6

Quick update: I spoke to an agent at the call center and she has managed to submit the renewal and i can at least see a new contract shown up on the account page. Looks like this has gone through finally.

Many thanks for your advice and support.

Message 4 of 6

Hey,

Thank you for your advice. I will call the call center tomorrow but I can't understand why this is so difficult to get right. The one issue in the process is that the agents have to cancel the previous order before submitting a new one. That means nothing goes anywhere as they have cancelled my old one to put a new one through, which goes nowhere again.

I will call and see if it makes a difference.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Staff on the forum cannot do this for you  - not authorised for this task.

They can look into what is going on with the back office.

They won't be back on here before Monday, @s1977.

Over the weekend, try 03451 720088.

9am-6pm Saturday (not open on Sunday), and staff should be able to check THAT one has gone through. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.