cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

unsolicited request stopping me cancelling contract

proctormadeleine
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I want to cancel my talktalk services on 01/06 when I am moving out of the country.

I contacted talktalk about this, and they said they cannot cancel my contract because there is an unsolicited request to take over the line. 

They queried if it could be from someone moving in to my house after I leave, but this is not possible as it is my house and no-one will be moving in.

I have asked them twice to remove the request, but both times it has failed. I do not know why.

I am now stuck unable to cancel my contract because someone else has tried to take over my line in error.

I believe the unsolicited request may have come from EE, because a load of broadband equipment addressed to my house but with someone elses name on it turned up. The intended recipient came to pick it up saying they had put the wrong address by accident.

Please can talktalk remove this unsolicited request and let me cancel my account??

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi proctormadeleine,

I can see that Gondola has pointed you in the right direction, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

When someone tries to take over an active TalkTalk service then TalkTalk will write to the TalkTalk customer to confirm.  This is part of the OFCOM mandated process. All you have to do is contact TalkTalk in response to that letter / email. Have you done that?

Call the Cancellations team on 0345 172 0088.

Cancel your TalkTalk service

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

proctormadeleine
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

I am having the same issue, I cannot cancel my talktalk contract for when I leave the country on 01/06 because someone has put an unsolicited cease request on my account (this was done by mistake by someone else who lives close by, they got their EE equipment delivered to my house by accident, there is no one moving into my house after I leave).

Talktalk aren't able to cancel the unsolicited request - I have given them authorisation to do this, I can't see why they can't do it? I am now stuck with talktalk despite moving out and leaving the country on 01/06!!

0 Likes