cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Indicator Light Stopped Working

Whisper
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi

The router that you supplied me with a while back has developed an issue, the indicator light has stopped working which isn't very helpful. Maybe the led has blown? Is it possible this can be replaced? The router model is the DG8041W. Had it maybe a couple years..

Thank you.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Whisper

That's great news 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks 

Debbie

Message 2 of 16

Good afternoon,

Just to let you know, I received replacement router today and old one is on it's way back to you as well. Have a wonderful weekend.

Message 3 of 16

Hi Whisper,

We look forward to hearing how you get on with the new router

Chris

Message 4 of 16

Hi Debbie,

You're a star Debbie thank you very much, I'll be sure to let you know how the connection compares. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Whisper

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 16

Hi Michelle,

If you could that would be very much appreciated, no idea why the led has gone on this one, it isn't that old. Thank you very much.

Regards

Message 7 of 16

Morning,

Would you like us to send a replacement router? Just to advise that we no longer supply the Huawei Wifi Hub so this would be a Sagemcom router instead.

Thanks

Message 8 of 16

Hi there Michelle,

Light is broken, toggled the settings on/off for it as suggested there by another staff member, didn't resolve the issue. The router seems to be working fine otherwise, just that if there are any issues with my service I no longer have any indication from the router, guess I will just have to live with it the way it is. Thank you for your response.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

My solid white light failed last year, no settings made any difference, router has continued to perform normally.  

It does flash orange briefly when the router starts but once a connection is established there is no solid white light.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi

See if you can toggle the light on / off in the settings.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

The router seems to be working fine, broadband appears to be unaffected.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Yes, that was the first thing I checked, thanks for your reply.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi

Is the router working, ie. your internet connection is unaffected ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

There is a setting that allows you to switch it on and off, have you checked that? Is the router otherwise working OK? The support team here should pick this up tomorrow.