cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

No internet all day

My internet has been down all day router flashing orange connection line test says there are problems with phone line

Unreliable Wifi / Router

Hi, the Wifi/Router is extremely unreliable and will often drop 2 or 3 times a day completely and have to wait 10 minutes for it to reboot. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working from home and on meetings with clients. It's hard to get any s...

Unable to forward port 80 and 443

I am having the same issue as reported here, whereby my Huawei DG8041W router will not allow port forwarding over the default ports for HTTP and HTTPS.I am trying to forward the port(s) so I can use my domain name for personal hosting, however I get ...

thew22 by Newbie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

New customer, router delivered but no connection.

The service should be live 2 days ago, my appointment with the technician was canceled as my flat was apparently plug and go ready. Clearly it is not. Tried every socket available to no avail. Am I missing something?

Akozak by Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Please disable my WiFi 2.4 channel “optimisation”

I tagged onto a similar thread, but then I suddenly remembered historically that is taboo on these weird TT forums. So before I get chastised by the net police, I’m starting my own thread here. I have an issue when using my expensive Sennheiser digit...

prawlin by Enlightened One
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

DSL 3782 - firmware updates

Hi I have been with talk talk for a while. I am beginning to get frequent periods when the internet connection drops (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 2 hours!). This appears to be happening at least on a weekly basis (some days several times). I have ...

Judge by Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi Hub Router keeps losing power

My Router has started to intermittently lose power, pressing the power button at the back sometimes switches it back on, sometimes it loses power again after a few seconds I need a new router if possible please I cannot get any help over the phone or...

Huawei-HG633

My speed test are all within the guaranteed rang. But I am unable to open no more than two or three web pages before it all slows down, this happens on different laptops / computers. I have a TalkTalk Huawei-HG633 which I have used for many years, ho...

Sagemcom Router

Hello, I am looking to replace my old Sagemcom router. Recently I have been experiencing some strange events that have me concerned about the outdated security of the old router. I have lost a number of crypto transactions, which may be due to a thir...

Unable to connect Sonos Play 1 to Talk Talk router.

I wonder if anyone can help.I've been struggling to connect my Sonos speaker to my Talk Talk router after a recent upgrade. I've talked to Sonos, who eventually suggested it might be a router issue after we tested everything else. I've tried everythi...

Austin5 by Repeat Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Router keep turning off

My talktalk router suddenly turned off while using. And when everytime turns on, will show first a flashing orange then a blinking orange then goes off again.

Intermittent no internet connection

Over the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing intermittent loss of connection to my various devices. It lasts maybe 5 - 15 minutes before returning. It effects both wifi and ethernet connections. The router light stays white while this is ha...

Bitter1 by Conversation Starter
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

New router

Our router isn't working. How do I order a new one please?............

Enabling QoS (traffic management) on the Hub 2 - DG8041W

Hey folks  I'm wondering if it's possible to enable Quality of Service (QoS) on a TalkTalk Hub 2 router, specifically the DG8041W model. I've scoured the web for instructions but haven't had any luck finding guidance. I'm experiencing difficulties ...

Constant slow to no internet

Hi I'm resorting to coming onto here to lodge a dispute with the service I'm being provided. So, I have been paying for Fibre 150 since October last year and only a handful of times have I been provided with fast internet to the speeds that have been...

Speed test.jpg

Internet dropping out

I have a standard broadband package (no fibre here) and a talktalk wifi hub sagemcom which was provided a couple of years ago at the request of your engineer as the connection was unstable with the old router. The download speed has been pretty good ...

IMG_1040.png
Janetwi by Sightseer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 like

Eero and 500mbs package

I’ve just upgraded to 500 mbs on a Eero pro6. When it first went live I could measure 500+ mbs anywhere in the home. 24 hrs later I’m down to 135mbs and the router is hot. I am definitely getting 500mbs to the house. 3 bedroom detached with about upt...

79E12272-B619-4E9C-8EED-F800B59EC8EE.png

Disable automatic WiFi channel optimisation

Hi Please could someone disable the channel auto feature? I have spent a frustrating hour with an online chat "engineer" who neither knew what I was talking about nor made an effort to read my remarks. Thank you Andy

gt6gt6 by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

routers

I have a huawei black router and the signal doesnt reach my office. Is there a more powerful router?Many thanks

micksta by Repeat Guest
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

No internet connection

I have no internet Connection at all no devices can Connect to the WiFi.I have tried to reset it and it still is not working the light is flashing Amber and isnt changing.

10 year old router, keeps dropping out

Hello there.I have been with Talk Talk since October 2014 - coming up to 10 years. I've been happy over that time. However, the original router I was sent seems to keep dropping out recently, and it's really annoying!Am I perhaps due an upgrade? It's...

Wi-Fi dropouts

Hi. I’m experiencing regular dropouts on the WiFi to my router. It’s happening across all my devices a couple of times an hour meaning it’s impossible to hold a zoom / teams call. The internet connection is fine it’s just the WiFi that is proving unr...

Ging404 by Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

At my wits end

We have been having problems with our broadband for months now.After numerous calls, live chats, several engineer visits, and a new router, we are still experiencing extremely poor internet service. I find the phone calls and live chats extremely fru...