cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet dropping out

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

I have a standard broadband package (no fibre here) and a talktalk wifi hub sagemcom which was provided a couple of years ago at the request of your engineer as the connection was unstable with the old router. The download speed has been  pretty good over last few months. 16mbs (don’t laugh!) but the upload speed fluctuates wildly and  then settles at 0.6mbs which is useless!  It keeps dropping off the internet sporadically for a few minutes each day and I keep having to turn wifi off and on  devices and reconnect. I have done all the suggested tests and reset  network settings on all my devices.   I have rebooted the router countless times and left off for 20/30mins as suggested on your website. I have gone into router website and it says internet connection is disconnected although clearly it isn’t. WiFi status enabled.  I am at my wits end. Can anyone help as I am paying same amount per month as you lucky fibre folks?  

IMG_1040.png
Janwi
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi Janet,

Ah I'm sorry to hear that 😞 Hopefully FTTP will be available to you in the near future.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 27

Thanks for your help. I know it’s rubbish through old copper wires sadly! If only Openreach would put fibre down this rural lane but they left us out.   I’m still going to monitor this over the next few days please. 

Janwi
0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi Janet,

Thank you. The max upload speed is 1mb so the wired test does look better as the results are usually around 80% of the sync speed. 

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 27

Laptop connected by Ethernet to router. 

Janetwi_0-1714727681938.jpeg

Janwi
0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hi Janet,

The upload does look really low. Would it be possible to run a wired test just so we can confirm if this is solely related to the wireless please? We can then offer further advice.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 27

Wireless but right next to router. The upload speed shoots to  50mbs at start of test then drops right down with 0.5 sec to app 0.6/7 mbs. Screen shot as follows with ping etc. (not that I know what that is!). 

Janetwi_0-1714726943482.jpeg

Janwi
0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hi Janet,

Thanks for the update. The line is showing in sync for almost 4 days and the sync speed looks consistent. The throughput speeds do look low based upon the sync speed. Was this last speed test ran wired or wireless?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 27

It’s been OK so far, fingers crossed, after the reset of router  and line from your end after a very long phone call. I had to reset network settings on new iPad and phone yet again -  but for two days has not dropped out again. I am still monitoring the connection. I still have same no internet connection message on router website as screen shot at start of this thread - but there is a connection so far!  Download app. 16mbs upload rubbish at 0.6mbs. 

Janwi
0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hi Janet,

How has your connection been over the last few days?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Thanks for the update, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 27

Still have same message saying no internet connection on router website with both routers. Have old one plugged back to save changing all the passwords. . Been on phone to you as had lost will to live on  tech chat as being pushed round  and router now reset and line reset. We will see if any improvement. If dropping out recurs I’ve been promised an engineer. I’m hanging onto new router for a while to see what happens as not confident it’s been resolved. 

Janwi
0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi Janet,

Looks like it's connected now, is everything OK at your end at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Help!

Janwi
0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 27

Ok have plugged new router in and connected via Ethernet to laptop. I’ve gone onto router website and still saying internet not connected as before

Janwi
0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Hi Janetwi

That's great. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 27

Yes thank you it was delivered over weekend. I will have to wait until son can come over to help me connect and reset all the passwords on devices and set it up.  Thank you. I will return old one once completed. 

Janwi

Message 18 of 27

Hi Janetwi

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 27

Ok then yes please. It may be a while until I can set up though as need my son to help.  Thanks. 

Janwi
0 Likes

Message 20 of 27
0 Likes