cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi-Fi dropouts

Ging404
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi. I’m experiencing regular dropouts on the WiFi to my router. It’s happening across all my devices a couple of times an hour meaning it’s impossible to hold a zoom / teams call.

The internet connection is fine it’s just the WiFi that is proving unreliable. Is there some opitimisation going on behind the scenes that might be effecting things?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could you try rebooting the router and then retesting this again please. If this is still happening following this then please let us know and we can look into this further.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

I also noticed that my laptop is being added to the WiFi control list on the router without me doing anything. Is this related?

0 Likes

Ging404
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

No. It’s sitting on the window seal by itself. The nearest electronic device (a television) is about 2 meters away.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Ging404,

Your connection looks stable and wifi congestion in your local area doesn't appear to be a problem. Is your router situated close to the wireless or electrical devices that could be causing interference?

Chris

Ging404
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thank you Debbie. I’ve just updated my profile details.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Ging404

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes