cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 seems to be live before Openreach visit

Solistra
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

My Fibre 65 package is supposed to be installed in two days time. I connected the router when it arrived and have left it connected for a couple of days. Today I noticed that the light was green. So I hooked up via WiFi and sure enough it is working. I then connected the ethernet to my computer and again it is working just fine. I am using it right now. 

I did have a line and fibre already with EE but that was cancelled a month ago and I have been using a 5G router since then. That router is turned off by the way. 

So the question is, why do I still need an engineer to visit and activate something that is already active?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Morning,

Thank you for the update 🙂

Michelle

Message 2 of 21

The service is now live. Thanks for all your help👍

Message 3 of 21

Thanks for the update, there are no further updates on our systems but the order should complete later today 

Chris

Message 4 of 21

The engineer arrived. And there wasn't actually anything for him to do. So I guess it is just down to TalkTalk now to make the account live on your system.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

The time slot came and went and no sign of an Openreach engineer. I don't mind too much as the service, although not showing as live on my account page is still working but, obviously something needs to be sorted out. Also, I cannot wait all day as I have work to be getting on with. Is there any way you can check what is going on with Openreach?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

OK thanks. I'll check again in a couple of hours to see if the order completes

Chris

Message 7 of 21

Nothing from the engineer yet and time is of course moving on. I had a slot of between 8 am and 1 pm and it is now midday.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Just checked again but no updates yet, have you heard anything from the engineer?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Yes, I think the engineer will just run some checks, I'll check the order again later and let you know if anything changes

Chris

Message 10 of 21

Thanks. The connection is still working. It has been active for three days now. Although obviously, not at your end. 

I did a line check and it came back that we do not have a line. This is odd as I use that non-existent line to do the check.

Anyway, I am pretty sure it is just a matter of the Openreach engineer running some tests and confirming the connection. I do hope we are not going to have any issues here!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi Solistra

Just checked again and still showing in progress with appointment for this morning so not showing complete yet

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

I am pretty sure it will show "installation completed" by the time the engineer arrives 🙂

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

It's now showing installation in process but still showing appointment date for tomorrow. I'll check again first thing in the morning

Chris

Message 14 of 21

OK thanks. I'll check the order later to see if there are any further updates

Chris

Message 15 of 21

The Openreach engineer is confirmed for tomorrow morning (Friday) but I am not sure exactly what there is for him to do. 

The connection is still working fine and I am using it now.  There is no other connection here now by the way. The 5G router is turned off so the only thing we are connecting through is the TalkTalk router which is working just fine. Download speeds are pretty much what we were getting with EE, although I would like higher. The cabinet is across the road and I can see it from my window but we are in a 2 storey block so I think that will affect speeds somewhat. 

We are hoping to get Openreach to install their FTTP equipment in the block so we can upgrade to your full fibre package. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi Solistra,

That's strange, the order isn't showing complete on our systems or Openreach systems but it is showing engineer dispatched today

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Thanks. I have updated my profile.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

I doubt it, I think you are just a victim of standard wording syndrome! As I said earlier, if you complete your profile then the support team here can check and confirm.

Message 19 of 21

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is TalkTalk I am connecting to. I am in the website server business so I know what to check etc. 

Perhaps it may have been that when I ordered the service I said I did not have broadband and maybe the assumption then is that I need a line installed. With EE I had broadband without the phone service. I assume the line was still live even though I had no broadband, it just wasn't activated to a service. My understanding is that Openreach often do most of the work before the activation date and hence my connection is now live. Although on the My TalkTalk page it still shows as awaiting activation. 

It is not a problem for me. I just don't want to waste an Openreach engineers time coming out to connect me when I am already connected. Perhaps there are things they still would need to do?

my-talktalk-connection.png

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

Have you checked that you are actually getting a service from TalkTalk? Use your browser search tool to look for "isp checker."

Subject to that, if you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.