cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Refund due on deceased customer's account

yogaman
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi

My father in law passed away recently and I advised Talk talk (via the bereavement team) shortly afterwards.

A final bill has now been received and it appears that a small refund (@ £8) is due. Help topics advise that refunds can be requested via myaccount, but it appears that my father in law's account has already been closed, so am unable to request refund.

I would be grateful if one of the mods/members could let me know the best way to request the refund please. Only a small amount I know, but we need to get the finances straight for probate etc. 

Thanks in advance

Nick. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 2 of 11

Hi Arne

Thanks for letting me know - just checked the bank account and the refund was received on 27th Oct.

Thanks you very much for all your help in getting this issue resolved - much appreciated.

KR's

Nick. 

Message 4 of 11

That would be great - thanks Arne, your help is very much appreciated.

KR's

Nick. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

It is usually a BACS transfer, but I can check the account in few days and request a cheque if that fails.

Message 6 of 11

Hi Arne

Thanks very much for responding so promptly - much appreciated🙏.

Would you have any idea how the refund will be made?

If it's refunded to the bank account from which the payment was made, there's a likelyhood that the bank account will be closed/suspended (due to the death of the account holder).

Not sure whether Talk talk will be able to issue a cheque to the executors in these circumstances ? I'll add executor details to private notes in case it helps. 

Sorry to be a pain - appreciate your help. 

KR's

Nick

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi @yogaman

Sorry to read of your loss. 

I have requested the remaining credit is refunded ASAP. 

Regards

yogaman
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi Mods

I've added my late father in law's details to the private notes section of my profile (as suggested by member Ferguson).

Please let me know if you need any further info. 

KR's

Nick. 

0 Likes

yogaman
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Thanks Ferguson, much appreciated🙏.

Will record details in the private notes section as suggested. 

KR's

Nick. 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I am sorry to hear of your loss. If you can put as much information as you can of your late father-in-law's e.g. name/address/phone number in the Private notes section of your personal profile - click here - then that will help the support team to help you.