cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Eufy local camera recordings not showing

shivvy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi all, I hope someone is able to help!

I've had a couple of Eufy doorbell cameras for over a year and have been with TalkTalk for the same amount of time.

I've only started having issues with the camera recordings in the last month or so.

I am able to view the live streams without an issue but I can no longer view the recordings which are stored on local storage in the Homebase in my home. Nothing is stored on the cloud.

My Mum had these same issues after a while when she was with BT and we managed to sort it by opening certain ports via the BT platform itself rather than on the router, or there were basically two separate places we had to change to allow access (this was over a year ago now so my memory isn't too precise).

Anyway, I've tried port forwarding on my TalkTalk router but it hasn't made any difference. Am I missing something and is there a separate platform that I need to also log into to allow the same port forwarding?

Hope this makes sense and thanks for reading 🙂

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

No worries, you're very welcome.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hey Keith,

Yes the NAT loopback was being blocked from what I could see on the firewall logs when I first noticed the issue.

So after your last reply, I took your suggestion and switched off the WiFi connection on my phone and used my mobile data instead, I was then able to see the recordings. I then switched back to WiFi connection on my phone and expected the recordings to be hidden again but instead they were still visible which was then very confusing!

I was about to PM you with screenshots of the ports as I thought maybe I had configured them incorrectly somewhere, and then it all just started working again as it had before.

I'm honestly baffled and have no idea why it blocked traffic for just over a couple of weeks and then started randomly allowing it back through again.

Thanks ever so much for your help and the information!

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Sorry, I assumed that you were trying to access the server from your home across your local LAN. If you are coming in from the internet then yes, you will need port forwarding. One thing to be careful of with TalkTalk is that their routers block any traffic going from your local LAN, out to the internet & back in again (NAT loopback). When testing at home, use a smartphone disconnected from your LAN & use mobile data to test. Does this server have a firewall, if so you'll need inbound rules added for the ports.

If you want a second opinion on port forwarding rules, please send screenshots of them to me. Please feel free to PM them to me.

If in doubt about me, just ask one of the TalkTalk support people on this forum to verify who I am, before sending me anything. They are:-

@Debbie-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Keith, thanks for your reply.

That makes sense, the reason I was experimenting and mentioning port forwarding was because I opened ports on my Mum's secondary firewall to enable her to access her Eufy recordings a year ago and it's the same issue I'm now having with extra security somewhere along the way - I just have no idea where it is.

Her router is with BT and her extra security was McAfee which was included with her BT package, it was only when modifying both of these firewall settings that she was then able to access all her recordings as she had before the extra security had been put in place.

So because I've had this scenario before with BT I'm pretty certain it's just an extra layer of security with TalkTalk but apart from modifying the firewall settings on the router itself, is there anywhere else I should be looking?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Port forwarding would only be required if you were trying to access the camera remotely, and it would either work or not. It would not suddenly start causing issues. From what you say you can't access recordings stored on a local server in your home. Not knowing about that server, has it had any updates recently?

Keith

0 Likes