cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent WiFi dropout

Bailey22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 29

I have recently experienced a problem with intermittent WiFi dropout that is becoming more frequent. When this happens and I interrogate any of my devices I get a message that says (words to the effect of) 'You are connected to the internet but there is no signal. Contact your Internet Service Provider'.

When the dropout occurs, the light on the front of the Huawei DG8041W-2.T5 router is rapidly flickering between red and white. Turning off the router and waiting 5 minutes before turning it back on clears the issue - until the next time!

Do I have a faulty router?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi Bailey22

Ahh, it's no problem 🙂

I'm glad to hear that everything is working ok.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Hi Bailey22

Ahh it's no problem 🙂 I'm glad to hear that everything is working ok.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hi Bailey22

Ahh it's no problem 🙂 I'm glad to hear that everything is working ok.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

Hello Debbie

I am so sorry, I should have come back to you earlier. 

I have received the new router and now have it set up. No problems so far and hopefully that is how it will continue. If I do have any problems though I will get back to you. 

Many thanks for all your assistance. 

Message 5 of 29

Hi Bailey22

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi Bailey22

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hello Debbie

Thank you for your reply. I had really hoped that we could have avoided this as it happens relatively infrequently. However, if you think that it could be the router that has an intermittent fault and you are happy to send a replacement then I think that would be the best option. 

Thank you for your help, which is much appreciated. 

Message 8 of 29

Hi Bailey22

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a replacement router so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hello Debbie

After all this time I really hoped that my problem was solved but unfortunately, the WiFi has just dropped out again. I was close to the router and it appeared to be rebooting even though no-one was near it or had touched it. It was initially showing an orange light, then a flickering white/red and finally a solid white. Could it be the router that has an intermittent fault?  Or could it be something else?

Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Hi Bailey22

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hello Debbie

I am pleased to say that, fingers crossed,  I have not had any further issues. If I do I will let you know. 

Many thanks for your help. 

Message 12 of 29

Hi Bailey22

Has everything been working ok since your last post?

Thanks for your help @KeithFrench 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 29

I am glad it is sorted.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 14 of 29

Thanks for your reply. 

Reflecting on when the problem started, I thought that it may be related to a software update. I’ve spoken to the Apple helpline they have told me what to do and the issue is now resolved. 

Thank you for your offer of help. 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 29

This indicates an issue between the router & your device(s). On this slow device, how does it connect to the router, via wireless or a wired (Ethernet) connection?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 16 of 29

Hello Michelle

I am pleased to say that I have not had any further problems with WiFi dropout but have noticed that since the start of the year my broadband speed has dropped significantly. Using the TalkTalk speed checker in 'my account' just now it says that the speed to my router is good at 53Mbps but the speed to my device is poor at about 25Mbps. Up until the end of last year the measured speed to my device used to be around 48Mbps. 

I grateful if you could advise me if the issues I have had could be connected. Thank you. 

Message 17 of 29

Hi again,

No problem 🙂 Just post back here if you do experience any issues.

Michelle 🙂

Bailey22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 29

Good morning Michelle

Thank you for coming back to me. So far I have not had any more problems and am hoping everything is okay. The problem with intermittent faults though is that they can fool you into a sense of false security and it has gone longer than this without any issues. So can I leave it please that I will get back in touch with you should the problem recur?

Many thanks for your help. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Good morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

Hi Bailey22,

No problem. We'll check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes