cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet dropping out

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

I have a standard broadband package (no fibre here) and a talktalk wifi hub sagemcom which was provided a couple of years ago at the request of your engineer as the connection was unstable with the old router. The download speed has been  pretty good over last few months. 16mbs (don’t laugh!) but the upload speed fluctuates wildly and  then settles at 0.6mbs which is useless!  It keeps dropping off the internet sporadically for a few minutes each day and I keep having to turn wifi off and on  devices and reconnect. I have done all the suggested tests and reset  network settings on all my devices.   I have rebooted the router countless times and left off for 20/30mins as suggested on your website. I have gone into router website and it says internet connection is disconnected although clearly it isn’t. WiFi status enabled.  I am at my wits end. Can anyone help as I am paying same amount per month as you lucky fibre folks?  

IMG_1040.png
Janwi
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 27

Only if it is an up to date model. The WiFi hub until now has been a lot more stable than the old ones I was fobbed off with before. 

Janwi
0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

Hi Janetwi

Thanks for your reply.

The socket you have doesn't require a screwdriver to remove the face plate. There are 2 clips on either side of the socket, if you squeeze the 2 clips then the faceplate will come away to reveal a test socket.

Would you like me to send a new router for testing first?

0 Likes

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 27

The master socket does not appear to have a test button visible. It is an Openreach master socket 5C. Mk4.  I believe the WiFi hub  was supplied November 21. I had been supplied two older model “new” routers previously which were not stable which is why your engineer ordered this more up to date one which has been fine up to about a month ago. The router is connected directly to the master socket at its entry point to house. The copper wired landline is also. There is no discernible noise on the landline. The iPad I am using is brand new. My phone is an iPhone. Please don’t ask me to dismantle the master socket as I am a 75 year old woman who is useless with a screwdriver!  

IMG_1041.jpeg
Janwi
0 Likes

Message 24 of 27

Hello,

Thank you. I've checked the connection stats now and I can see that the SNR might be dropping too low at times which can affect the overall, stability, speed and performance of your connection. I've also run a test on the line now which is clear. Does your main socket have a test socket? Is there any noise on the voice service? How long have you had this current router?

Thanks

Michelle

Janetwi
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 27

Information updated on profile as requested

Janwi

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 27

Good afternoon,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes