cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

MY DEVICES in MY CONNECTION

Soloman13
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 66 of 66

Hi there! Can anyone tell me why the devices listed in MY DEVICES  are duplicated over and over.

According to the list I have 20 devices connected to my new sagecom router all working correctly.!!!!!

In fact I only have 11 devices, 2 of which are not on the list.

The other devices are duplicated over and over.

One device appears 4 times and others 2 times. No way for me to amend it and TalkTalk no help.

Any ideas?????

0 Likes
65 REPLIES 65

Message 1 of 66

My wired PC is on all the time

The Echo And Echo Show are on all the time

The Iphones are on all the time

My TV box is off most of the time as I cannot stream any programmes over the internet

My Sonos Beam is off most of the time and only connects for updates.

Are you saying my connection cannot handle even these few devices ? with the help of booster/Extender/Powerline units?

Why is MY CONNECTION keep throwing up faults?

I don't have a usable broadband connection which is why I rely on my wired pc so much. But even this can have issues as  this post can attest to.

Can anything be done to improve matters?????

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 2 of 66

Hi Soloman13

I'm guessing this is linked to how many devices there are and which ones are connected and using the connection (based on your current sync speed) at the time you experience the issue.

The connection appears to be stable with no drops in connection.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 66

Good morning, I have left the Echo disconnected, Nothing has changed as far as I can see.

Has the congestion eased.?

Has their been any further reconnections since the Engineers visit?

Still getting a fault page in MY CONNECTION.

Of my 11 devices :-4 are devices to improve wifi signal in the home

1 is hard wired into the router

1 is currently turned off

2 struggle at times to connect to wifi

3 regularly are reported as consuming my upload speed

FTTP is not available. We have at least 1/2mile copper cable between where the cab is and my premises.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 4 of 66

Morning,

Thank you for the update. Have you noticed any change so far? Is FTTP currently available for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 66

No problem I will unplug the Echo for now.

My devices are:-

Desktop PC

Sagecom Booster

Talktalk Extender Kit

Iphone 14

Iphone 7

Amazon Echo

Amazon Echo Show

Sonos Beam

TV Box

TV Powerline B1

TV PowerlineB2

That is 11 devices but these are often duplicated reaching 24 at one point See previous posts

Only the Extender is duplicated at present

Soloman 13

0 Likes

Message 6 of 66

Hi,

I've also checked your wireless connection stats and it also shows upstream congestion. Would it be possible to test with the Amazon Echo removed for a short period just to see if there is any improvement so we can confirm if it's definitely related to this one device? How many wireless devices do you currently have connected please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 66

The line tests are ALWAYS clear.

They were when The Openreach engineer visited and yet there was a resistance fault in the Cab which your tests did not pick up.

The Engineer did also refer to another potential fault on a pole see previous post.

WiFi is poor at the best of times despite having a talktalk Sagecom booster and an extender kit.

Currently My Devices tells me that my Amazon Echo is consuming my upload speed and my Iphone 14 struggles to connect to WiFi.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 8 of 66

Hi,

I'm not sure what issue it detected as the line tests are clear. I can see that fault ticket that has been auto logged and it has requested further diagnostics to be completed. Are you experiencing any issues with the wireless specifically?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 66

Hi Michelle, I clicked on My Connection which did a usual check  on the line,previous fault status etc .

I was informed that there was a problem with the line and requested a comprehensive line test which could affect my broadband for 10 minutes.

This test resulted in a case being opened ref. no. REP-14288558

Today My Connection puts up a track my fault page- some more checks are needed.

'We've been unable to identify a clear fault with your service' However we can see that you may be experiencing problems with WI-Fi throughout your home.

Please note that Openreach was here last week and all has been fine since, until now

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 10 of 66

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Can I just confirm, what can you currently see in your My Connection?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 66

Hi there, here we go again.!

My Connection is throwing up further problems with my internet connection.

Should I post a new problem or will it be a continuation of this one.

They will need to be linked together so you can see the case history.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 12 of 66

Hi Soloman,

Thank you for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved. Apologies that this wasn't resolved in the first instance. If you do need any further support then we are always here and happy to help.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 66

Hi Debbie, Thanks for that.

A big thank you to Chris for taking the steps to go one step further to fix this problem.....Hopefully!!!!

My last word on this matter is a plea to review the training of agents at call centres.

My issue has been going on for over A YEAR! Everyone hangs their hat on a line test which in my case was always clear yet dropouts/reconnections were happening all the time.(4 routers!!!!!)

Due to my persistance an Openreach Engineer found a fault at the exchange on 8/4/24 but the problem persisted.

on 1/5/24 an Openreach Engineer found a fault in a cabinet despite the fact the line is clear.

For 12 months we have been struggling with a poor service in every regard from Talktalk until this occasion. 

Sometimes my only way I could connect to the internet was by my Mobile Data.

Please review the way these faults are investigated.

I will never phone the Talktalk helpline again and will use this method of communication in future.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 14 of 66

Hi Soloman13

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the engineers report and the notes advise -

Actions to resolve: Fault located in E side / PCP. Resolved issue in PCP. Engineer hasn't found any issue with modem / router. Engineer hasn't found any issue with extension wiring.

The fault was located and fixed at the cabinet. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 66

Hi Chris, the Engineer has been!

He located a high resistance fault in the cabinet about half a mile away and repaired.

He also located what he called a 'blip' on the last pole before going underground but could not gain access to test due to a tree overgrowing the pole. However when the cabinet fault was cleared the blip went away.

All was green on his handset but should I experience further problems the underground team will be needed and I assume some pruning work.

Could I get a copy of his report??

The websites are loading a lot quicker and all looks good.

After all this time 12 months plus but I am keeping my fingers crossed never the less!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 66
0 Likes

Message 17 of 66

Hi Chris, OK let us keep the appointment. I will confirm on the openreach text.My wife and I are both here tomorrow morning and I will be just out the back with these machines so could be called if any info is required from me.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 18 of 66

Yes you only really need to provide access. Do you want me to leave the appointment for tomorrow or change it for another day

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 66

Sorry about this but I have just been informed that the plant demonstration that I have been expecting for months is coming tomorrow morning as well.would you believe it !!!!! Could the Engineers appointment be rearranged or I could juggle between the two if need be. I dont know what my involvement with the Engineer will be. Do I just have to provide access?

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 20 of 66

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - May 01 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes