cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Overwatch 2

Firmware_Needed
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

I'm having issue, where all players in the game are shaking every say, 10 seconds; I switched to my mobile data connection and this doesn't happen. 

Latency is fine, uninstalled and reinstalled game/GPU Drivers, Updated BIOS. 

Does anybody have any advice what could be causing this with TalkTalk?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi

I've not seen any other reports of this issue. Have you tried reporting this to the company who make the game?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Yes, I've tried that today; still same issues. If there aren't any other complaints about this then maybe TalkTalk isn't the issue.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Just to confirm, did you try the 30 minute router power down to clear the current session?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Michelle,

this only happens with overwatch 2. 

all other games run perfectly fine, even if I switch to them when it’s happening.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look consistent. Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then re-tested again as this will reset the current session? Is it just the one game that experiences this issue or all games?

Thanks

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

I think talktalk only respond on weekdays. Have you tried rebooting the router? Talktalk advise switching it off for 30 minutes to get a new connection. No idea why as none of my previous ISPs suggested that and it isn't possible for me when I am away from home.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Yeah it persists through the whole day; I was just seeing if anybody else with talktalk had this issue, or talktalk could respond. I’m just trying to find commonalities to get to the route cause.

and switching to mobile data seems to resolve it so I assumed it’s something to do with talktalk or the router. 

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 18

If it is a regular 10 second ish problem perhaps it is a router bug or some other device on your network using bursts of data.

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 18

That was late at night, so the internet would not be busy. Do you get the game problem at the time?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

I just tried now, I'm getting like 26-29 ms constant with 80 or so now and again but not often.

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 11 of 18

Did you use the -t option so it runs continuously and leave it running for some time?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

I just tried that, it says lost 0.

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 13 of 18

Perhaps try a ping- t to the game server and see if it loses packets or has spikes of high latency.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Again, sadly; that's not a fix for me. I have no neighbours and don't use Wifi. I tried with Wifi though but had the same issues.

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

If you are using Wifi it could be interference from a neighbour's  network. For example my TV occasionally stutters from 5GHz interference from my neighbour even though it is in the next room to my router and my house is detached. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

That doesn't seem to be the issue; it happens through the day, and my speeds are staying the same. I'm not really sure what is happening.

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Perhaps try the talktalk speed test. I find it slows down at times when the internet is busy, around 8pm on weekdays and earlier at the weekend. Common video platforms like Netflix,  youtube and catch up TV are unaffected because talktalk caches them but anything that isn't cached slows down. I.e. I always have a fast connection to talktalk's servers but not to the wider internet.

0 Likes