cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Remote desktop VPN connection not working

joeyfrees
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I use a remote desktop VPN connection to access my files and programmes at work when working from home. Up until about 3 months ago I could access this without issue. Since then I have been unable to connect.

It is not an issue with the computer or remote desktop software, as the remote desktop can be accessed on internet connections from other providers (Sky/Now) and older Talk Talk routers.

I have been advised by my company's IT department that it is likely an issue caused by an update to the Router's firmware/software which has changed VPN/remote access security settings (we have the latest Sagecomm Talk Talk Wi-fi hub).

The IT department have also advised that the Remote Desktop/VPN uses Port 1723 and runs on the PCP protocol.

Looking at the other posts similar to this, many advise turning off home safe settings/scam protection or changing the DNS server. I have tried both of these things and this hasn't resolved my issue.

Please could you look into this and provide a solution. Three separate calls to your customer service centre have not resolved this issue. If this isn't resolved we will have no choice but to leave the service for one which we can guarantee will work for this vital purpose.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi joeyfrees

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie,

I tested tonight and it is working.

Many thanks for the quick resolution!

Message 3 of 6

Hi joeyfrees

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I have made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Debbie

Message 4 of 6

Many thanks for the quick response.

I have now updated the details in my profile.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @joeyfrees,

This may well be caused by the version of firmware running on your Sagemcom, the support team here may be able to change it to a different version to resolve the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.