cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

frustrated after router is still solid orange after resetting modem & router

abcde4
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi everyone,

My (very unreliable) wifi was working up until the afternoon where it said connected on my device but wasn't connected to the internet. So I reset the router, waited and the light stayed orange. I called TalkTalk and they told me to reset the router and modem and wait 20 minutes. I called them again after it remained orange and they said they escalated it to case management (?) team and I'll get a call back. But we are currently stuck with no wifi and they said they'll call us in 2-3 working days. Is there compensation for this, what's the alternative suggestion?

I'm frustrated with this as I have to call TalkTalk regularly regarding my unstable wifi and nothing ever comes about from it (just a wait approach) so I am considering leaving.

Thank you for any advice

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi abcde4

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @abcde4,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘run a live connection test’ on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

A solid amber light would usually mean that the router is physically connected ok, but it is not able to log into the TalkTalk network.

The support team here on the community will be able to help, however they will probably not be around until Monday now.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).