cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Microsoft Outlook not sending or receiving mail messages

Squirrel1947
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 7 of 7

I use Outlook, but have the most recent version, and I have found that everything was working well until last Wednesday, 13 March 2024, but after that date I have been unable to receive or send emails from Outlook.  However, in GMail I have received several emails and have been able to create and send also.  I, too, would welcome any assistance in making sure that all emails received in GMail are also received in Outlook.  Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks gratefully for the heads up on the Microsoft update for New Outlook.

I've restored a single TalkTalk account to New Outlook and confirm that it certainly does now appear to be back in action on New Outlook aka Outlook for Windows.  I'm basing this on just a single send and single receive but both outgoing and incoming mail was sent and received promptly.

Thanks again for sharing the information.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Squirrel1947
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

On 10 April 2024 I received a new update from Microsoft which was automatically downloaded.  It would appear that in that update the problem with New Outlook has finally been fixed as I am now able to use the New Outlook to receive and send emails once again !  I am rather disgusted that Outlook hasn't been in touch since things went wrong on 13 March 2024 and that this new update has come out of the blue.  No apology or reason why numerous clients have been unable to receive or send emails in the interim.  Thankfully, Gondola was able to advise that I wasn't alone as, being an OAP and not technically minded, it can be rather stressful when things go wrong.  Anyway, things look ok again and thank you Gondola for your welcome comments.

Squirrel1947
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Thank you Gondola.  Hopefully things will be sorted sooner rather than later!  

Message 4 of 7

Community notifications are from a no-reply email address. It's a one way notification only and you reply not by email but by signing in to Community and replying, as you've now done, on the original topic that you posted.

Yes, you're using Outlook for Windows aka New Outlook and it no longer works with TalkTalk Mail.

Use TalkTalk Mail webmail or Thunderbird or BlueMail email clients to keep in touch. These three products are still working with TalkTalk Mail.

We may get an update next week on why New Outlook is failing to connect to the TalkTalk servers.

0 Likes

Squirrel1947
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

As a newcomer, am not sure how these posts work and replied to you via GMail as I received your post via email.  Just in case you did not receive my reply, I answer your post as follows:

Last year, I was advised that Mail from Microsoft (which I used to use) would be ending shortly and was offered Outlook in its place.  Apparently, this version is a new one and called Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2024.306.400 (Production).  I have been very happy with it so far, and had no problems until this last week when, as I said, since Wednesday, I have not received my latest emails, and my draft emails have not been sent.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I've moved your post from the Outlook 2010 topic.

So what version of Outlook are you using? You say the most recent version so is that Outlook 365, Outlook 2021 or Outlook for Windows aka New Outlook?

New Outlook is definitely not connecting to the TalkTalk servers. This awaits investigation at TalkTalk's end. My diagnosis is that the TalkTalk servers are refusing to connect directly to the Microsoft Cloud servers.  As Microsoft do not relay back to the user any bounceback from the TalkTalk Mail servers it leaves users in the dark about the reason for the fail.

0 Likes