cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not displaying emails on my tablet via webmail

garyp4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I use webmail on my desktop PC and on my ipad. Up until a few weeks ago I could see my emails on both systems. I am still able to see emails on my desktop PC but on my IPAD it tells me there are  emails in my Inbox  and the number ties up with my desktop PC but I cannot see them. The same applies to other folders, eg sent.

I use Chrome on both my Desktop and IPAD

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 9

Hi garyp4

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working. Thanks for your help @Gondola  🙂

Message 2 of 9

Hi garyp4 

Brilliant news. Thank you for bearing with me and running the updates and tests. Great to know you're back in control. Enjoy the rest of your day.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 9

Well how you managed to understand me and tell me what to do while you could not see what I was doing amazes me!!!

Success after selecting Desktop site I could see my messages.

Thank you very much for your help and especially patience.

Message 4 of 9

OK, I cannot tell what display mode your browser is in and I cannot see what you see so diagnosis is not easy.

What I'd like you to do is select either Firefox or Chrome and go to the TalkTalk Mail page and then on the browser look top right for the triple dots menu icon. Select the triple dots and in the drop down menu select Desktop site.

With the browser in desktop site mode do you now see your mail messages?

garyp4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Sorry I am not sure what is going on but my first 2 attempts at posting a reply to you seems to have disappeared or I think it has, hence 3rd attempt. As you can see I am not tech savi!!!

I tried to upgrade operating system but it could not find any updates so I am still on level 6.0

I updated Chrome via Play Store, now runni8ng 106.0.5249.126

Tried email but no change.

I installed Firefox from Play Store.

I tried webmail and got same results as Chrome, said there were messages there but I could not display them

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi garyp4 

OK let's start with the device. The tablet is not an iPad it's an Android operating system tablet. The good news is that both the tablet and Chrome browser are supported by TalkTalk Mail. 

However, Chrome requires Android 8 and I can see top right that there is a Chrome browser update available so the first thing is to see if Android can be updated and then update Chrome.

If there's a problem with updating then go to PlayStore and download the Firefox browser. Firefox is supported on Android 5 and later. You will find that the login to TalkTalk Mail will say your browser is not supported when you use Firefox but just ignore that message that comes up because the only testing that's done is for Chrome on Android tablets.

Let us know what happens when you try Firefox.

garyp4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

I am sorry but I am not very technically savi so my answers could be quite vague.

I use Chrome as it is the only browser on my ipad and it has always worked, I tried looking at Play Store to download Safari but I could not find it

The Ipad is a Tab3 10 Plus Lenovo TB3 -X70F running Android 6.0

I have tried to download a photograph of the screen that I took on my wife's phone phone to show you what it looks like but I get an error message when trying to upload it. Sorry I cannot do anymore, let me know if I can2024-01-30.png

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

What is the iPad model and iOS operating system version?  The supported browser is Safari. If you'd let us know the iOS version and try Safari that would be a good starting point.

TalkTalk are investigating reports of display issues on iPads so the information that you can offer will help.  If you could take a screenshot of how you see the display now that would also be good. Image edit to obscure any personal details and upload here. Depending on the browser mode there will be a camera icon or picture icon above this Reply area to select an image for posting here.