cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Restriction on sending emails

H3ronty3
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I tried to send a second email today and it wouldn't send. A notice came up informing me I had been sending too many emails and I would have to wait for an hour. This has never happened before . What is going on? and how do I sort this out please?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Always good to know as soon as possible when TalkTalk Mail issues are resolved. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 5

Emails all back to normal. Talktalk tech team knew about the situation and were working on it already. All fixed before the end of day. Thank you for your concern.

Message 3 of 5

HI @H3ronty3 

Is your mail sending restored to normal? My own checks tell me that mail sending to multiple recipients is working as expected. It would be useful to have your feedback and if not working then as much detail as possible on how you're using TalkTalk Mail and to what recipients and what send error message etc.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @H3ronty3 

Did the error message say "Sorry, we can’t send this email at the moment because you’ve sent a lot of emails recently. Please wait an hour or so and then try sending your email again." And did that message end with the code TT603? I suspect the TalkTalk Spam protection process has set a low threshold for sending mail after sending mail to a non-TalkTalk address when that mail isn't delivered.

I suspect the root cause is an issue with TalkTalk sending mail to Distribution Lists / multiple non-TalkTalk addresses.  Single mail messages appear to be delivered with no delay.

The stop on sending is temporary and should be relaxed in the hour. However, after the wait, I would send to single addresses only until this issue has been investigated next week from Tuesday onwards.

0 Likes