cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Sent emails folder not working

Perplex2
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi. This is for talktalk email, on my PC and on webmail.   I have been replying to emails as usual, and sending new emails out. But neither the replies nor the new emails are appearing in the Sent folder. Nor are they in any other folder, such as Drafts.

This is on my PC and on webmail.  The last date that anything sent was saved was the 14th November 2023.

What has happened to the Sent folder function? How to fix this? 

I don't know if my emails are being sent or not. It seems from what recipients have said (on the phone) that some have arrived and some have not.  I cannot keep track of information sent out so I need to get this sorted out. 

Thanks for any suggestions ......

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

There's no product called Windows 10 Live Mail.

Specify what email software you are using. Windows 10 Mail or Windows Live Mail (WLM)?

You say "Other Windows Live mail accounts on the PC are not affected." So that suggests you are using WLM.

WLM is a deprecated product that's not supported for TalkTalk Mail. The recommendation is to cease using WLM.

Windows 10 Mail is supported as are products like Thunderbird, BlueMail desktop etc.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Maybe remove the whole thread - it is a Windows 10 Live Mail problem, not a talktalk mail one?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Stick to this thread for this issue, @Perplex2.

I'll remove your latest thread, which overlaps with this thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Perplex2
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi.  It is Windows 10 Live mail that is on the PC.  It may be that the antivirus software is the problem - though I have added my own email address to the exceptions list for the firewall's site blocking, and have tried turning off the antivirus VPN.  Other Windows Live mail accounts on the PC are not affected. Just mine. So I am going to copy and back up what I can - address book, inbox, emails in folders - then delete my email account and set up a new one.

Going to find a better mail ap for the PC. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I cannot see what you're doing and as you're not following my advice I cannot help you.

0 Likes

Perplex2
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Hi, and thank you.  But it is not Outlook. It is talktalk email, on my PC.  Today one of the outgoing emails that are stuck in Outbox magically moved to Drafts, and I was able to send it from there. No other stuck emails migrated themselves though.

There is no Outbox on the talktalk webmail. And there are no Sent emails in the Sent folder on webmail after 14 Nov.

Still flummoxed by this.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

In TalkTalk Mail webmail, unless the mailbox is full you should be able to send mail and see the sent message in the Sent folder.

In a POP3 email client like Outlook any sent messages go into the local Sent folder after a successful send but do not get copied to the online mailbox which means your only record of sending is in the POP3 email client software. 

If you're unable to send mail in Outlook and mail sits in the Outbox then  there are multiple causes so first I would ask you to take screenshots of the outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the sending email address and upload here and I'll check that for you.

Perplex2
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hi. Thank you for the suggestion.

It is POP not IM AP.  Today I found 100 emails stuck in Outbox, and there seems to be no means of Sending or Forwarding them.

For Outbox emails, the only options at the top above the message body are Delete, Set Flag, and Try the new Outlook.

And if I right-click on an email, options are Delete, Set Flag, Mark as unread, and Send to Junk.

Cannot work out how to fix this.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

For webmail and IMAP email clients a message that's successfully sent will be copied to the online Sent folder provided that the mailbox is not full.

0 Likes