cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali email address

MarkH4
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

I'm having problems with my Tiscali email.  Some recipients (gmail mainly) are sending my emails into Spam folders.

Also there are some emails that I don't receive, and are being returned to sender.

HELP!

MarkH

21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi mp1939, our MTA is good and we aren't showing on any blacklists at present. This is a problem of Gmails making. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mp1939
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 22

Yes, I am in the same boat.  Still having the majority of my tiscali emails going into people's spam folders.  I understand some people have had the problem and it has been resolved but just want TalkTalk to be aware it is still a serious issue.

Message 3 of 22

Thanks for letting us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 22

Not contacted gmail.  Problem seems to be easing up, thanks

Message 5 of 22

Hi Janesbj, have you contacted the team at Gmail?

Ady

Janesbj
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 22

I am having the same problem.  I've been using my tiscali address for 15+ years, problem started approx 2 weeks ago.

Message 7 of 22

Hi Jodee1, its Gmail diverting legitimate mail to spam you'll need to talk to them. The email team here made sure to block the spammers a couple of weeks back. 

Ady

Jodee1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 22

I too have been having problems sending emails from my tiscali address to gmail. As an older and not the most technical person I phoned Talk Talk technicL team for help but gotv other than more confused. But then I found this community chat and realised that is not just me!  Can this problem be resolved? Please….

Message 9 of 22

Hi all, the email team have advised that the necessary changes have been made. It may take a while for the server reputation to improve, but it shouldn't be too long. 

Ady

Message 10 of 22

Good afternoon,

Apologies, we're still looking into the Tiscali/Gmail issue and we've chased the team for an update now. As soon as we know more we'll post back here with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 11 of 22

I had already contacted them from my gmail address, like you suggested!  I'm organising too many things at the moment, with far too many gmail addresses, whose phone numbers I don't know!   It is a nightmare.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

I'm afraid its still with the email team I've heard nothing back. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

@SecretSquirrel wrote:

Janie, I found that contacting Google isn't easy, but if you also have a Gmail address then you can send a message to them:

Open the Gmail webpage, click on Support  (top-right icon with a question mark) -> Send feedback to Google -> Report an issue.

If we all do the same then that may expedite a resolution.

Please ignore my advice about contacting Google because it won't help. I'm really sorry if I've wasted anyone's time.

All you can do is to ask your Gmail contacts to mark your messages as "not spam" in Gmail's webmail.

The reason that Tiscali emails are being identified as spam is because the Tiscali domain doesn't meet the newly-implemented  Google/Yahoo "deliverability requirements".  Google announced they were going to make those changes on October 3, 2023 and it started implementing them this month.

I discovered this by using the checker at Red Sift OnDMARK - this is the company that TalkTalk use to provide DMARC, DKIM and SPF configuration and management for Tiscali email. I entered my Tiscali email into their checker and the report that came back was mostly fine except it said that "This domain does not meet Google and Yahoo deliverability requirements". So, that is almost certainly why our emails are being identified as spam.

Ady, it's been a week now and you said you were going to return with an update for us. Do you have information about this please?

ScreenshotScreenshot

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Janie, I found that contacting Google isn't easy, but if you also have a Gmail address then you can send a message to them:

Open the Gmail webpage, click on Support  (top-right icon with a question mark) -> Send feedback to Google -> Report an issue.

If we all do the same then that may expedite a resolution.

Message 15 of 22

Good for your knowledgeable recipients. Marking as Not spam is telling Gmail that your TalkTalk Mail messages need to be delivered to the Inbox not the Spam folder.

So what more should TalkTalk do?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Interesting that you say your Thunderbird messages are getting through.  Only those of my recipients who have reset my messages as NOT spam are arriving in their Inboxes.

I really think TalkTalk need to do more!

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

TalkTalk will be doing what it can to improve the sending server reputation and no doubt liaising with opposite numbers in Gmail. Sent messages are fully authenticated so Gmail ought to accept delivery and place messages in recipient Inboxes. 

What do you suggest?

Janie191
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 22

It is now a week since gmail started putting all tiscali emails into Spam.  I've started asking all my email friends whose phone numbers I know to complain to gmail, but please can TalkTalk do something about it.  It's really seriously affecting some of us.

Thanks

Janie

Message 19 of 22

@SecretSquirrel wrote:... it's not just webmail users who have this problem. I only use a desktop email client and all the emails I send to Gmail users end up (mostly unnoticed) in their Gmail Spam folders.

I'm sorry to note that all your emails however sent to Gmail recipients are ending up in Spam folders.  It must just be my mail sends via Thunderbird that arrive at Gmail in an Inbox.

@SecretSquirrel wrote:...When you say that there's nothing we can do about this, does that statement mean that TalkTalk are no longer investigating this problem?.

No it does not.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Gondola, it's not just webmail users who have this problem. I only use a desktop email client and all the emails I send to Gmail users end up (mostly unnoticed) in their Gmail Spam folders.

When you say that there's nothing we can do about this, does that statement mean that TalkTalk are no longer investigating this problem? I'm asking because Ady said that he'd return with an update when he hears anything. Or has that all changed now?

0 Likes