cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to set up new email address

holbrookian
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Talktalk appears to allow up to 5 email addresses for an account. Currently I have just one, a legacy "lineone.net" address.

For a while I have been trying to add another email address and get the message that the functionality as been "temporarily removed". This has been going on for months. Does anyone know when will it be reinstated?

ScreenshotScreenshot

Andy
(Knowledge and experience should not be confused.)
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi holbrookian, if you need to have an email address deleted it can be done for you. You'll find out how in the Right To Be Forgotten help article. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

I agree that TalkTalk could choose to tell users if full functionality is ever going to be returned to TalkTalk Mail.

Bear in mind that TalkTalk Consumer is up for sale by its current owners. Reports suggested that Virgin Media O2 was back in negotiation to buy the Consumer business. Virgin Media O2 (VM) do not offer any mail service to new customers.  Existing VM customers cannot create any new VM addresses so that is identical to the current TalkTalk Mail functionality.

Only the create function is not currently available to existing users. Adding existing addresses to a customer MyAccount can be carried out on request by TalkTalk Community Support staff and deleting existing addresses can be carried out on request by TalkTalk Data Protection staff.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

holbrookian
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for response. A couple of points for Talktalk:

1. Why don't they say so and update the misleading information; and
  2. Given the lack of function, it is impossible to delete the mailbox if it is no longer required.
Andy
(Knowledge and experience should not be confused.)
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The ability for users to add, create and delete mailbox email addresses was removed in July 2023.  This was to allow the migration of mailboxes to take place in batches over a period of time to a new Cloud mail platform. These user functions have not been reinstated and there's no information available on when or if existing users will be able to create new mailbox addresses.

New broadband customers to TalkTalk are no longer offered TalkTalk Mail as part of the package. Similarly, email is no longer offered to new customers by any of the major ISP's.

If you need a new email address then there are both free and paid for email services.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution