cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero wifi virus checker and is it secure or plus

Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Fibre 500 and Eero. I used to have a virus checker on my desktop and laptop as a boost but this has now gone. I am left in a confused state. The details suggest that it is now covered by Eero but there is nothing to install on my machines. So as soon as I take the laptop outside of the network it is at risk. There is Eero Plus which seems to be available but at an additional cost. This includes Malwarebytes hat looks like an anti-virus but the TalkTalk solution seems to be in the halfway house state. We have internet security but not the extra bit.

Any pointers would be handy.

Thanks Chris

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

All Mac setup, but thanks for the reply

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

I understand that I should download my anti-virus for the laptop, thanks 🙂  I have looked on account.eero.com and the only option it has is to get Eero Plus. on a button that seems to do nothing. The plus package seems to include half of the stuff that you have on your Eero Secure. Just not the software packages. There does not seem to be a way of adding the packages to the Eero secure. Which would make it simpler but that's IT for you.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

If it is Windows 10 or 11 and you don't want to pay for a security suite, Windows comes with the built-in Defender anti-virus.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 10

Hi Chris

Sorry for the delay.

I've just spoken to the team and they advised that you would need to download your own anti-virus to cover your devices.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I have done this bit already and the concept of network coverage is fine. But I have a laptop and it goes outside this network. This would not be covered. If it picked up a virus because it does not have the anti-virus protection and was then brought back into the home network then this could be an issue. I assume that's what they offer the Eero Plus with the Malwarebytes software. Are you saying that I would need to pay extra for this if it is even an option to upgrade? Or do i just install an anti-virus on the laptops?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

@Chris12345678 

Can you also add your name, TalkTalk account number and FTTP order number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Chris12345678

Thanks for your reply.

Did you follow this part:

Let eero protect all the devices on your network from potential viruses, malware and more before anything malicious can happen to you or others. eero Secure will catch these attacks so that your devices stay protected. Advanced Network Security works at the network level, meaning it protects all the devices on your network. To activate the Advanced Security feature, follow the steps below:

1. Open the eero App
  2. Select the Discover tab
  3. In the eero Secure section, select the Advanced Security bubble to enable this feature
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

I have looked at that page and https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/EERO-6-Using-Laptop-away-from-home/td-p/2971428 link and it seems to suggest it includes Eero plus but how do i download these things?

When i go on to the account.eero.com site it just says it's with TalkTalk secure and then asks me if i want to upgrade to plus?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message