cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WiFi Drop Outs

Doronabrahami23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

WiFi keeps dropping out. On the Fibre 250 plan and never had any issues for the last 3 years. Suddenly now the wifi drops every day at least a dozen times if not more. During day and at night. Talk Talk say they recognise there IS a fault on the connection but they can only keep asking me to check the wiring in the house which is perfectly fine. The wired connection is also fine and no issues at all with it. This is purely Wifi. They want to send engineer and charge me £75 but clearly the issue must be with the router or wifi channel? 

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

OK, have you tried resetting the  router to factory default settings? If not then can you give this a try - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

No difference no. Have used laptop in same room as the router only a few feet away and it still drops. Same for upstairs

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Does it make any difference how close the device is to the router? Does the connection still drop if the device is in the same room as the router?

Chris

0 Likes

Doronabrahami23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 28

Yes its dropped 4 times since i posted this message! Again i have TV and other people in house using the wired connection with zero issues. So its just the Wifi which keeps dropping. Trying to work on laptop and keep losing connection. Very frustrating. Been happening for the last 2 weeks also

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Thanks. Has the connection been dropping over the last couple of days? Line test is showing a lot of disconnection few days ago but seems to have been stable since then

Chris

0 Likes

Doronabrahami23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 28

Done

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi Doronabrahami23,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes