cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Devices unreachable - wifi security settings messages

Nick2345
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi there,

I have the Sagecom wifi hub and I am experiencing issues with some devices becoming unreachable on the network, despite the management console on the wifi hub showing that the devices are "connected" to the router. I also see constant (ie repeating every minute or so) wifi disconnect and reconnect messages for these devices. The issue seems to occur after a bunch of "wifi security settings have been saved" messages that appear in the log. I have to restart the devices to get them to reconnect properly and be accessible.

To be clear, I am not making changes to the wifi security settings. These changes happen without me being logged into the router.

Looking at the community pages, I can see several other people who have experienced the same issue and it appears to be related to "wifi optimisation" that does something and results in certain devices becoming disconnected. In my case, the devices that seem to experience the most issues are some wifi CCTV cameras on the 2.4GHz network. These devices are outside and up on the wall, so restarting them is a right royal pain in the backside and not something I want to have to do every day (which seems to be the frequency with which they are becoming unreachable).

Here are links to the discussion threads from other people:

Would it be possible to turn off the wifi optimisation, since it seems to be causing problems.

Thank you,

Nick
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear that this is now working ok. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hello Michelle,

I have solved the issue by lateral thinking. I have used powerline (i.e. ethernet over mains cabling) to connect the cameras. This is much more reliable than wifi and I now have a solid connection. The original issue may or may not have been due to the wifi optimisation setting, but now it does not matter, since they are not using wifi. I do think that the wifi signal from the TT router is less powerful than the signal from the previous ISP router, since the cameras had worse connections when I could get them connected and because other devices do not connect as well when upstairs, even on the 2.4GHz wifi, which has better range than 5GHz. Anyway, immediate issue now resolved.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning @Nick2345 

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Nick

Thank you. We can then feed this back to the team again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hello Debbie,

Okay, I will give it a try, but I am not convinced. The cameras are solidly on the network until the router does what I believe is the wifi optimisation thing. They then are still "connected" as far as the router is concerned, but are unreachable. This is exactly the same issue as was seen with the person who had the printers that were near to the router. If I continue to have problems and need to remove a camera from the outside to test it when near to the router, I will do so and then get back to you so we can start the conversation again.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Nick

Thank you.

The Devices Team have provided the below:

This isn’t an issue with Wi-Fi optimisation. Generally speaking, this is linked to location of the customer devices to the CPE in turn causing the jitter/packet loss. The router needs to be rebooted. 

0 Likes

Nick2345
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi Debbie,

I hope I have done that. The profile wizard was not very useful, since the various steps had windows that extended off the bottom of my screen (which is a FHD 1080p screen), making it impossible to fill in details and then select "next". However, I hope I managed to fill in most of the information one way or another.

I don't have a TT landline number, since I have FTP and did not get a landline with that. I have added a mobile number and the email address is the same one associated with my TT account, so hopefully you can find out who I am from there.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Nick

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes