cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

OpenReach have connected me to wrong landline!

Jaymaycee
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

Please, somebody help! OpenReach were working in my locality last week and on 26th January soon after they left I found my landline number had changed and my broadband wouldn’t work. Called my old number from my mobile and a neighbour answered. Her own landline number had been given to someone else. I’ve reported this to TalkTalk numerous times and got absolutely nowhere. I even collared an OpenReach engineer on another job in the town yesterday - he knew all about tge mixup, said it was down to old wiring and they’d made a ‘best guess’ but got it wrong, and that multiple landlines were involved, but that it was ‘a half-hour job’ to put right.  He advised anyone affected to contact their suppliers at once. But even with this confirmation from one of yhe guys responsible I can’t get anyone at customer services to listen. They raised a fault but no action was taken. One update later on 26th Jan said an engineer had visited and the fault was fixed! My internet, which I’ve been unable to access since I lost my landline, is apparently ‘looking good’. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been asked to carry out checks on my landline which is impossible, as it’s currently wired to my neighbour’s address. I’ve spoken to at least a dozen different agents, all if whom promise to help but either don’t seem to grasp what I’m saying or simply don’t believe me. What can I do to convince TalkTalk that I’m telling the truth and that OpenReach need to sort this out? 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Jaymaycee
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 23

Many thanks @Gliwmaeden2 . I have updated profile settings as advised. But this puzzles me - one TalkTalk agent did suggest dialling 17070 so I’ve tried this several times and get absolutely nothing - just silence. Not sure why this is - the line’s not dead as I can make and receive calls using the wrong number I’ve been assigned, although I’m trying to avoid this as I don’t know what happens regarding billing when (hopefully) the mixup is finally sorted out!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 23

@Jaymaycee, please complete your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information 

Put your correct Talktalk landline number in there for staff to identify your account. 

At the end of that section, in Private Notes, add the other phone line number that you should find out by dialling 17070. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply during the day Monday to Friday. 

You should be due automatic compensation for this total loss of service. Record when you first notified Talktalk about the problem, so that you can check this is awarded correctly. It takes 30 days to process after it's been resolved:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes