cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Voicemail Plus becomes Voicemail Extra... Where is User Guide?

aa2000
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

I discover today that Voicemail Plus has suddenly changed to Voicemail Extra (a friend and TalkTalk customer who thought he was activating Voicemail Plus today, advised me of the change). 

There doesn't appear to be an online User Guide for the new service, can anyone please advise? 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi aa2000

No problem. Apologies it took me a little while to get the answers but thank you for raising.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Ok, thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Message 3 of 15

Hi aa2000

Our Products Team have confirmed that the wording has been changed to VM extra but will be changed back to VM plus. There is no difference in service and it has the same features.

This will be changed back to VM plus within the next few weeks.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Yes, thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk , I'm interested to hear what you uncover.   

I've uninstalled mine now but my friend has commented that the service does not always work, I was noticing the same issues too with mine.   *Sometimes* when 1571 is dialled, nothing is heard and likewise *sometimes* inbound callers don't hear a prompt if the called party is on a call, yet the system still registers these as inbound calls where the caller did not leave a message.    Looks like Voicemail Extra has gremlins which are in need of tweaking, but will get him to report this and possibly in this forum if he decides to register. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi aa2000

I'm still looking into this and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

@Debbie-TalkTalk, this sounds similar to the switch made with "last caller barring" a couple of years ago. 

The automated aspects changed without warning to customers, and it was all very strange, with a change of voice and instructions.

Eventually the admin side caught up with new information and whatever they now call the service....

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi aa2000

Ok, apologies. I will speak to our Products Team again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Out of curiosity I just subscribed to Voicemail Plus in My Account myself and now I too am getting a 'Welcome to the Voicemail Extra retrieval service' message on dialling 1571.  Seems as if someone in your Home Phone technical team has their wires crossed? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi aa2000

I've been advised that our voicemail service will still be named Voicemail Plus.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

In my friend's My Account in Telephone Settings it says 'Voicemail Plus' and is charged at £1 a month. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi aa2000

If you log into My Account, what does it say/show for the voicemail service?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi aa2000

I'm just checking again to see if I can find any further information, I will keep you updated.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I called in on my friend, who activated the service yesterday.  The welcome message says welcome to Voicemail Extra and there is definitely no mention whatsoever of Voicemail Plus.   Inbound callers are also greeted with 'Welcome to Voicemail Extra'. 

I know that some other ISP's eg. Plusnet, call their chargeable service Voicemail Extra, so I assumed that perhaps TalkTalk had bought-in that service too and I was curious to try it out.   I had hoped that (as with Plusnet and some other ISP's) the service might now allow users to change how many times the phone rings before the service answers, but that option was not offered.   On testing yesterday, the fixed number of rings was 12, which for my liking is too long.  

As it's not me but a friend who is paying for the service, I will leave it to him to contact TalkTalk to resolve any issues, but it's very odd that the service he has been provided with is calling itself 'Voicemail Extra', yet you appear to be saying that nothing has changed?  

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi aa2000

This is still called Voicemail Plus. Are you experiencing any issues when using the voicemail service?

0 Likes