cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Port number from TT to soho66

McMuckle
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi forum,

An Altnet supplier recently started offering Full Fibre in our town so I've made the switch to them for broadband.

My TT account is still live and yet to be cancelled

The new ISP don't offer a phone service so I'm looking to use Soho66 as a VOIP provider.

I'd like to keep our existing number so contacted both Soho66 and TT (via chat) yesterday.

I explained our scenario and the TT rep recommended that we have Soho66 port the number which would also cancel my TT contract which is what I want to do.  TT confirmed that I 'only' have Broadband in my account .. it just happens to include a landline, number and call charges.

Reading what Soho66 sent, it sounds like any attempt to port my number from TT to Soho66 will fail as the TT landline has a service (broadband) attached to it.  I'm only taking VOIP service with Soho66, the broadband is already with BeFibre.

Soho66 charge an additional £10 for every retry of porting the number and £15 for the initial attempt to I'm keen to avoid wasting money in this cost of living crisis 😬

Has anyone any success stories to share on this kind of scenario?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

We probably dont have a porting agreement so,  the only option would be to fully cancel the service with us, so the number is released then they can try and claim it, but that is still not a guarantee im afraid.

0 Likes