cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

BBC picture breaking up.

Dave 68
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Recently, only on BBC channels, the picture has begun to break up making it unwatchable. The message “ Bad Signal” appears on the screen.  All other channels are unaffected. The fault is intermittent. I have a 4G Talktalk box.

Is this a Talktalk problem or should I be consulting an outside tv repair firm?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Dave,

Glad they are sending you a filter.

Try the retune process mentioned above and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi @Dave63, glad @Karl-TalkTalk is taking an interest! The radio mast could be the issue, have you returned the talktalk box, without the antenna and then with? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Divsec , I attached the antenna to the tv, avoiding the box all together, and carried out a retune. All channels then worked perfectly and there has been no picture break up since I did that.

Karl (Staff) suggested that I carry out some Freeview checks but they didn’t help either. I contacted the Freeview help desk and they suggested that I contact Restore TV who told me that the signal for this area comes from the Black Hill transmitter and that the signal for all channels is good. They also told me that there is a mobile phone mast in this area and are going to send me a filter to fit between aerial lead and Talktalk box to see if that solves the problem.

I also contacted the BBC for this area and was told that there were no problems with our transmitter (Black Hill) and that the signal for all channels was good.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

You can also check the site below for any issues based on your locaton - 

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/problems-watching#STATUS-CHECKER-1

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 9

Hi @Dave63 @Dave 68 looks like you have two profiles?

Have either of you tried retuning the TV with the antenna attached? Also not knowing your region I can't check but are BBC reporting any issues with your transmitter? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Still getting picture break up on BBC only, all other channels are fine.

I have carried out a soft reset on my Talktalk box and also a reset of my router.

When I plugged the antenna directly int tv, independently of the box, all channels except BBC were fine. However BBC had no sound or picture. On the BBC channels  the message “ No signal “ was on the screen.

Not sure how to go now.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hello Divsec, thank you for your prompt reply. I think that you may be right regarding outside interference. Today there has been no interference at all. I have not tried connecting antenna straight to tv avoiding the box but will do so if interference re appears.

I do have another tv with no Talktalk box,   just straight antenna connection to tv, and it shows no interference at  any time.

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Dave 68 probably neither, likely atmospheric, trees now in foliage, or BBC transmission.

To rule out talktalk plug antenna into TV. 

0 Likes