cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

DN372T Hardware number

Bartonbank
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My much loved DN372T set top box is no longer working correctly (timer recording causing the box to freeze and other matters.

My current box has the number DN372T O1.O2.P. On looking online to replace it (as I do not want the new box Talk Talk provide) I notice that there are three boxes available, 01.01.P, 01.02.P and 01.03.P.

Is there any real difference in functionality between the three? Depending on the number, would there be a difference in the software updating required (I have seen threads where there can be problems in updating). Would purchasing a 01.01.P be a retrograde step for me, even if it is a new box?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi,

You can connect any recordable box to the TalkTalk network and it will work.

If you have your own box I'm not sure there is any benefit in keeping the TalkTalk tv charge on your account. Removing this will offset the initial cost of the new box within a year or so.

If you feel there is a benefit in keeping the charge on your account, that would be your choice, but removing it won't affect the functionality of whatever box you buy.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Many thanks.

I tried maintenance and there is still the problem in relation to new recordings. I have no difficulty in watching what I have recorded, so I intended to gradually watch and clear my recordings whilst using a new box to record new stuff.

The message thread doesn't seem to follow chronologically, so can you just clarify that if I buy an EE (was BT) set top box, I can connect that to my TalkTalk router and keep my TalkTalk TV subscription?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

You can do if you provide your own box.

It's an option to consider.

You could continue and try and recover your existing box.

Try a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but it may bring your box back to optimum performance for a while.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Bartonbank
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your response. If I read it correctly you are saying to ditch TalkTalk TV subscription completely? Is that correct?

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you are looking for a YouView box that records and has apps that work, your best option is the BT (EE) pro box.

If you purchase one from CeX you also get a guarantee.

It also records 4 programmes at once.

If you are paying the separate TV charge on your bill, you can also phone and get the TV charge renewed.

All TalkTalk recordable YouView boxes are now longer supported.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes