cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

FREESAT

moorlander
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I use my You view box purely to record tv via the MASSIVE FREEVIEW aerial installed on the side of my house several years ago due being required to upgrade to receive Freeview...The picture is hit and miss at most times but watchable ..We purchased a Tv in 2021 which had a freesat decoder built in and the picture quality on all channels is far superior.....HD is fantastic...picture never breaks unlike Freeview...and to retune when there is a channel update required takes less than 2 minutes ...plus I can watch regional variations on local programmes..So Im surfing the web and come across a link to talktalk freesat...In 2021 talktalk offered a free ''freesat'' box for talktalk tv.!!...I missed that one !!!!!!

So now that opportunity has long gone sadly -Im enquiring as to whether there are compatible freesat boxes that will work with talktalk tv ?  Im waiting for my new 4k box to arrive...but would really like to use my freesat facility due to the better quality / more HD channels  than Freeview...

We live in an area where Freeview can be hit and miss, particularly when it rains heavy or we have foggy days ( weird - and I have had the aerial / cables checked several times...) 

There must be many who have ditched their sky contracts yet retain the dish to use on freesat...??

Surfing from The Independent Republic of Yorkshire
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

moorlander
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

the picture quality on freesat is much better than Freeview where I live...I use talktalk tv to record tv progs via Freeview....but generally watch freesat as the first option...

would be great if there were still talktalk freesat boxes  available...rather than talktalk Freeview boxes for those in etc same predicament  🙂

Surfing from The Independent Republic of Yorkshire
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi

you do not necessarily need a compatible freesat box with TalkTalk if you are recording freeview content as this is provided via the aerial / sat connection, and not directly fed by TalkTalk. 

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes