cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talk Talk TV Plus ?

koimod
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi , Just need enlightening! 

Im a talktalk customer now for over a decade, I'm currently on Fibre 150,   But attempting to upgrade to Fibre 500 (another story!) .

I'm currently on Sky Q but don't really use it and costs too much, So

I've talked to the retentions team re TT Tv and get conflicting stories! 

So I thought I'd ask on here! 

1 - Talktalk tv plus - is this wifi, as in,  I do not have to plug TT Tv into the router mainly as its to far away! 

2- Can I have multiroom ?  I would like another box in another room, I'm told by one person I can have it the other its discontinued, which tbh seems odd as all the other stuff on market offers multi room. 

Finally I know its on TV part , but I currently use Eero 6 , and will upgrade to Eero 6 Pro , has anyone experience with the pro unit is it worth it ? 

Thanks All

2 - 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

It's not possible to rent 2 boxes, only one of the new TV boxes can be supplied, the boxes also need an aerial connection.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

The TalkTalk TV Plus Box and Multiroom are no longer supplied as new product services to customers.  The TalkTalk TV Plus box was not Wi-Fi enabled but some existing users do add a Wi-Fi nano router / travel router to provide Wi-Fi connectivity.

The 4K TV Boxes are Wi-Fi 5 enabled. Compare TalkTalk TV Boxes

The eero 6 and Pro 6 devices are third generation eero mesh Wi-Fi 6 products and the key detail is in the eero specifications. You'll usually receive the eero Pro 6 as standard with the Full Fibre 500 product delivered via Openreach. Normally also available via CityFibre connections but you may need to check availability with the Full Fibre team. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Thinking out aloud,   is it possible to rent 2 boxes as if stand alone ? as really need one downstairs and one upstairs as have no aerial.

0 Likes

koimod
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thinking out aloud,   is it possible to rent 2 boxes as if stand alone ? as really need one downstairs and one upstairs as have no aerial.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

The new TV Box / Hub is wifi or ethernet.  We do not currently provide multiroom with these boxes at the moment.

I've not used the eero myself, so not sure if the pro option is better. but some in the community who have them may be able to answer this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes