cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Guide very slow to load and run through

SCBierton13
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

When loading the Guide, it’s very slow and when running through it.

recently has been difficult to delete recordings too.

21 REPLIES 21

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 22

Hi

The issue affecting the guide has been resolved.  This was caused by an external factor that has now been resolved.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi, @Danni0176 

Karl is collecting data from customers under the following thread if you could add your experience there please.

He's not back until Tuesday but is working with YouView who are actively seeking a solution.

Thank you

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/YouView-TV-Guide-not-working-or-slow/m-p/3038974

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

I have a box DN372T which I havec tried all above and still not working what else can I do as so frustrating 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 22

Hi All, 

If you can please follow these troubleshooting steps from YouView, and let me know . and please drop me a PM with the serial number and model of your box, It will either be DN360T, DN370T or DN372T :

Some things we’d like to try before they do a factory reset:

• Remove ethernet and see if the box/Guide recovers
  • If not, remove the aerial and see if the box becomes responsive
  • Reboot the box if they haven’t already
  • If the box is briefly responsive after a reboot, try a retune via Settings

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 22

Hi

Glad to hear that the performance has improved.

For any others affected, pleasr remove the aerial from the box, retune the channels, connect the aerial back to the box and retune again, then test the performance of the guide.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

All seems to be working well tonight ,fingers crossed .

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 22

Hi All,

YouView have advised that if this issue is still affecting your box, try a Retune of the freeview channels and then see if that helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 22

Hi

YouView have implemented a change so pleae retest the guide to see if all is now ok.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 22

Hi

I'm glad to hear the Guide has started working correctly for you.   

Our Teams are still investigating with YouView and working to deploy a solution soon.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

I have found that, after starting up the box and having to reload youview (and still having unresponsive or very slow reponse on guide), the guide/channel selection and other features of guide seem to speed up and are back to normal (it took about 3 hours tonight to get to this situation.)

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 22

Hi

We do apologise for the inconvenience this issue has caused, and YouView are investigating as a priority.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Youview have got a problem with the boxes . They say they are trying to fix it. There appears to be nothing we who are trying to watch can do . It seems to get worse on a evening. Resetting doesn't make any difference . It's very frustrating !!!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

I have done ever reset possible and still have the issue on two boxes.. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi

OK, thanks for confirming.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Tried the reset didn't make it any better. I now have to reload every time I switch youview on. The guide is working at the moment. !!!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 22

Hi

Can anyone in this thread confirm if they have performed the maintenance reset and if it helped.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 22

Hi

An incident has been raised by YouView.  There is an issue with the TV Guide not loading correctly.  YouView are investigating currently. 

You can try a Youview Maintenance Reset  to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Chevy1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 22

Talktalk TV guide unresponsive and unable to use it all possible scenario’s done and still useless. It must be Talktalk’s problem but they won’t admit it. 🤬

Suezz
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 22

Talktalk are having problems with the TV boxes not working properly. There is no point in new batteries or resetting as the problem is talktalk's not yours. They are just not telling people there is a problem. !!!

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Oh and I assume you have tried new batteries in the remote already.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes