cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New talktalk tv hub not 4K UHD.

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

so i have received my new replacement tv box as itv x no longer available on my original youview box,

tried everything to get BBC iPlayer to show 4K UHD content but doesn't, i'm convinced these boxes are NOT 4K UHD compliant!

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

OK, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi Karl, 

No, I have a bag in the box already and the returns label. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi

Do you need me to send a returns bag ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 24

🙄🙄.

I'll have to return it then. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

No, sorry, exhausted my suggestions.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 24

Hi all, 

Any more thoughts on this scenario I'm going through,

As I say, tried my Samsung tv and still no UHD content on BBC iplayer.

I still also haven't had a link to the operating instructions. 

If no joy with this box I will have to send it back and prompt for the netgem box.

Thanks 

0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 24

Hi, 

Yes I tried on my smaller 43inch tv which is 4k uhd and hdmi 2.1 and is 60hz,

I don't think it's the refresh rate to be honest as I've ran at 30hz so should still work but will have a slight judder with moving content.

I even thought maybe an Internet speed issue, so tried via my phone network and was still the same issue, 

Very odd, honestly not sure why at the moment, 

🙄

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

I've just done couple of Google searches and it may be your refresh rate the box doesn't like.

The search suggests a refresh rate of 60hz is the norm for 4k / UHD.

I'm not that technically minded so taking a guess here.

Do you know someone with a 4k TV rather than your monitor on which to test?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 24

Hi, 

So I tried again, via the HDMI 1 input on my monitor (V1. 4) and the max the monitor will go upto is 3840x2160 @30hz, (will go up to 4096x2160 but depends on the input signal) this should be fine apart from a slight judder due to the refresh rate, again I tried the display port (1.2 HRD or HDR2) which I achieve 3840x2160 @60hz, a smooth image and no judder, then I go to the iplayer and still will not see the UHD symbols?

factory reset the box and started again, checked for the latest iplayer update and running... See image...

So I'm at a loss with this box, it's either the monitor or some EDID handshake with the android box.

I tried a netgem 4k box and working okay.

IMG_20240122_145421.jpg

all terminal settings been checked on the HDMI inputs and the Displayport and all okay, so i either need the Netgem box or........ 

0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 24

Hi, 

Thanks for the info, I will be checking again later when I'm home. 

If no good, I'm going to return the unit. 

Thanks again for your support. 

Pete. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi Karl, 

Thanks for the information, 

I will be checking again later and see if I have a setting wrong but I'm 99% I've done this already,

If no joy, I will return this unit as I've already sent the last one back. 

I'll let you know when I'm home.

Thanks again 👍

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 24

I've just plugged my box into my non 4k box and the tourist is not showing as being in UHD.

On my 4k box it shows as UHD.

It would therefore seem that the box or iPlayer is reading the best resolution for the TV it is plugged into, so if your TV is not 4k or iPlayer doesn't read it as 4k the UHD option is not available.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi

Just checked again on my box, the Tourist is showing in UHD.

Pick below, if you look at the tile for the Tourist, you can see it shows UHD in the top left corner of the tile.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 24

Hi, 

Yes, I've already tried this too, still to no avail, BBC app is even on the latest software 😕.

Can I have an image from anyone to show the UHD symbols on BBC iplayer please on these boxes. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 24

I'd try a factory reset then in case something has corrupted the software.

0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 24

Hello yes I used the HDMI provided, 

I am now linked to my monitor via the displayport which gives me 3840x2160 @60@60hz.

I have borrowed a netgem Talktalk box from my neighbour and that works fine, I have uhd symbols, but not with the android box.

1st 2 images are the netgem box, other 2 are android talktalk box. 

IMG_20240118_171623.jpg

IMG_20240118_171652.jpg

IMG_20240118_173722.jpg

IMG_20240118_173745.jpg

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 24

Hi again,

Did you use the HDMI cable that came with the box? If not try that.

You could also try a factory reset on the box in case the iPlayer has become corrupted during set up somehow.

When I log into the iPlayer the Tourist is the first show shown with an HDR symbol showing.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi all,

yes i've double and triple checked my setting and are set to 3840 x 2160 @30HZ UHD via the HDMI input port resolution.

the HDMI's are V1.4 , but i tried the box on my latest smaller 43 inch Samsung  4K UHDTV which is HDMI 2.1, i connected the box to it and still didn't show the BBC Iplayer UHD content, my monitor is a high end unit which actual 4k. 4096 x 2160 via the display port input, i've ordered a lead and it's on it's way so will see what that shows when here.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 24

Hi

thanks for checking.  The boxes do put out uhd content then, so it is a strange issue.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes