cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 72 of 72

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71

Message 41 of 72

Iplayer settings is best quality

Tried enabling beta mode and without beta mode as well

No diffirence

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 72

And what quality do you have iPlayer at within its own settings?

0 Likes

Message 43 of 72

My Tv is cable of 

3840 X 2160 

0 Likes

Message 44 of 72

And what resolution is your TV capable of?

Message 45 of 72

3840 X 2160 

tried all the refresh rates but no difference

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 72

Can you go into the box settings  and let us know what resolution the picture is set to please?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 47 of 72

Yes I tried the netgem box

I played mamals program and it was is UHD 

My TV model is irrelevant because the TV hub is a newer box than the netgem box so if it is working in the old box why is it not in the TV hub. 

Clearly something is broken

Once customers Discover this they will stop using the TV hub as I am

Please get TalkTalk to fix this with the BBC 

0 Likes

Message 48 of 72

When you tried the box that you said was UHD capable did you check that the content was actually available, as illustrated above? I am not sure why you find the questions about your TV irrelevant. 

This has been escalated to TalkTalk, they should respond tomorrow as I have already said. 

0 Likes

Message 49 of 72

No uhd content 

No uhd setting in iplayer setting 

Please can this be escalated to someone at TalkTalk 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 50 of 72

Ah. But is there content available with the UHD symbol shown on the iPlayer, like this for example:

0 Likes

Message 51 of 72

This is not a problem with My TV

There is no UHD content with Iplayer on the TV hub but with the Netgem box under Iplayer settings where you select the quality and beta mode, There is  UHD setting BUT NOT on the TV Hub

0 Likes

Message 52 of 72

What aspect of iPlayer doesn't work? UHD content?

As requested please provide the TV information so all avenues and links in the chain can be checked.

Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 53 of 72

Can I make a suggestion to give everyone a break? Let's wait until the TalkTalk support team pick this up, hopefully tomorrow and they can advise further.

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 72

My iplayer inbuilt to My TV is not working that is why I was wanting to use the Iplayer in the TV Hub but Iplayer UHD does not work 

I will not be using the TV hub until the issue is fixed

Or a work around is provided 

0 Likes

Message 55 of 72

Also have you checked your TVs built in iPlayer to see if that displays UHD content?

If not, could you do so and advise the result.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 56 of 72

No it's not irrelevant.

As I have said my 2 TVs provide different results. One with UHD, the other without. This I understood was the correct behaviour as only is 4k compliant.

Doing a Google search this morning shows that certain makes of TV and different models within the make also have issues.

If there is a handshake / CEC issue between box and the TV that is not transmitting your TVs spec to the box, so that UHD programmes are not shown, then it is totally relevant.

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 72

Providing My TV details is irrelevant 

The TV Hub needs a software update to fix the Iplayer UHD bug 

This needs to be passed to TalkTalk and needs to be passed To the BBC for a fix

Otherwise I am going to stop using the TV hub

0 Likes

Message 58 of 72

Yes the box outputs 4k on android level 

Youtube 4k works but Iplayer UHD does not

BBC are going to take more notice If TalkTalk speak to them rather than customers

0 Likes

Message 59 of 72

If one device works with Iplayer UHD and another device which is meant to be better than the other it should still play Iplayer UHD 

Otherwise why would customers upgrade the TV boxes when one thing stops working

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 72

@Ineedhelpfrom as requested can you please also supply the make and model number of your TV.

Thank you.

0 Likes