cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Time on my TV box guide time has not changed when the clocks went forward this morning,

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Hi

my box 'guide is still on the winter time. It should have changed at 2am this morning when the clocks went forward to British summer time.

As this is normally done automatically, I can't see a way to change the time.

I have turned the box off completly on the button on the back to re-boot it. However it still hasn't up dated the time. Please can someone help me.

Lynn
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and I'm glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Worked a treat, many thanks 😁👍

0 Likes

Moomins24
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 20

We had the same, tried the same as others which did nothing. 
I then did a software update and it appears to have synced back up. Recommend people try this. 
you need to click the YouView button on control, go up to the cog wheel symbol (settings) and go down to Information & Reset section, go into software information, and click update software. 

Rathlindri
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 20

Same here too almost 48 hours after summertime time change. Poor!

RICHARD JOHNSON
0 Likes

RGBrewer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 20

Mine is still out....have turned on and off and tried a reset but still no change.  Why is this not resolved? 

RBrewer
0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Morning,

Apologies, we've escalated this and will post back as soon as we receive an update back.

Thanks

Chesterdog
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 20

You pay for a service you expect it to be working correctly! Not happy Talk Talk this time issue should be solved!

Message 8 of 20

As said, there is no need to panic regarding this issue providing the system clock matches the EPG times

Grace, starting at 8pm BST, has successfully started recording on my box at 7pm as per the box times.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Broadcasting cannot be behind the time. It comes in over the aerial so has to be on time, i.e. BST.

Its only the system clock and EPG behind the times. 

As these 2 are in sync recordings should be unaffected.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Think footie started on time everything else seems to be an hour behind 🤔 

0 Likes

1157bland
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

I hope this lack of time change doesn't affect the timing for when automatic recording programmes comes on? 🙄😳🤔

Yorksgal57

Denise57
First Timer
Private Message
Message 12 of 20

Mine too, anyone got help yet?

0 Likes

Janeyg1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 13 of 20

Did you get this sorted please? We have just turned tv on the same has happened to us! X

Message 14 of 20

Okay, I'm too worried about messing up the box if I did that anyway 😅

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

@Phi1995 do not do a factory reset. It will not help.

col1958
First Timer
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

Talktalk help tell me they're aware and that update will happen overnight tonight. Being Talktalk can't say I'm confident it will happen!

Phi1995
First Timer
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Same on mine too!! I'm too worried about doing a full factory reset because I don't know what it was do to the machine and how long it will take to set it back up!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

The guide times are also an hour behind so match the system time.

The box can only play what is broadcast so the football started as planned.

As long as the guide matches the system time recordings should also start at the correct time.

This only seems to be affecting TalkTalk boxes as both my Humax boxes have updated but my 372T box has not, even after a soft reset.

Mart38_B
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Same problem too. I note there is another thread post with same issues on. Hopefully some tech person will come on and sort it. Currently watching programmes an hour behind! Most annoying

KeenGardener