cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Tv settop

csanders
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Is the new TV  box being rolled out to existing customers. I have been a talktalk  customer for over 20years. I have not had any upgrades on the TV box since installation.  I don't know how long I've had the TV but it's a good few years.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

The New TV box can be supplied but will always include the TalkTalk Entertainment charge to cover rental of the box, and this currently applies to all customers who take the new box. I did mention this is my last post.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

OK, is your box connected directly via an Ethernet cable, or are you using PLAs/wireless adapters?

0 Likes

csanders
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 10
I had agreed to the postage charge, then they wanted to change my contract to charge a further £5 per month for tv services.  The tv services are currently included albeit free as part of my contract renewal. My contract doesn't expire until September 2024.

I'm only trying to update my current TV box fir the latest 4k version.  As an aside my current TV box is always buffering when streaming despite having a 65fibre contract.

Sorry to go on, just annoyed.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Could you maybe expand on that, i.e. why not?

0 Likes

csanders
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Another 4o minute phone call, and still NO 4k TV box.

I give up.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi,

you do need to have talktalk entertainment added at £5 per month for the rental of the box.

Depending on your package etc there may be an initial charge , but always try and negotiate with them.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Karl,  I'm on to customer services who have passed me to technical. They are saying the 4k Box is chargeable

Is this correct 🤔 

1hr 20minutes passed department to department no resolution.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi

The new TV boxes are not automatically being rolled out to existing customers as many already have a working TV box, but if you are interested in the new box, give our customer teams a call and request one.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Which TV box do you mean? The 4K box is available to all customers, the TV Hub currently only to Full Fibre customers.

Contact the customer services team if you wish to discuss an upgrade. 

0 Likes