cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Just bought a Tapo smart Camera C200 Cannot connect it to my Huawei DG8041W Router

SIXBIKES
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi all   Have followed the set-up guide. Put the camera and my phone next to the router, but will not set up correctly.  camera is on 2.5GHZ   Message on Phone  about progress  comes up with connected  but no internet.  at that point it looks as my phone is locked onto the camera but is chucked off my router.  Tapo fault finding says check router is not WPA3 only.  I have checked settings and it is not.    Anybody else had this sort of thing.   Priviously tried another Smart camera and that did not connect either, So I am thinking it is an issue with the router.  all help Greatfully appreciated.

Trail Rider
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

Thanks very much for that clarification @SIXBIKES.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 8

Hi Keith.  Just to clarify.  My Phone has the supersafe Boost installed. Has been there for ages.  

When I was trying to run the Tapo Cam app, to connect to my WiFi,  It would not allow my phone and the Cam to connect to my

Huawei DG 8041W-2.T5 router at the same time.   I must have spent a day trying different things.

But it just would not work as it should do.

Then I wondered if it was the supersafe Boost that was trying to protect my phone from data intruders.

So I uninstalled the Supersafe boost of my phone and ran the Tapo cam Install link again, and it worked fine.  I had control of my Tapo indoor Cam C200.    For safety's sake. I then reinstalled my Supersafe boost,  and the cam app still worked as it should.

Hopefully you may be able to steer another user around this problem.

Trail Rider

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi @SIXBIKES 

I am glad to hear that you got this sorted in the end. Can I just check that it was SuperSafe Boost installed on the phone that also runs the Tapo app that you had to uninstall?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 4 of 8

Hi Random Thoughts.  Yes I got it sorted.  Came to the conclusion that it might be because I am running Talk Talk  SuperSafe virus and Hacker protection  . So I uninstalled this , and then tried to connect my camera to the router again.  Steps went ok this time, and then reinstalled Supersafe.

Trail Rider

Message 5 of 8

Hello did you manage to fix this issue. I've got what I think is the same problem with the same tapo camera. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi @SIXBIKES 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you with this camera. I assume that it should connect via an app on your phone, rather than WPS or manually connecting to the router via network name (SSID) & password?

Are both WiFi bands sharing the same network name or do they have two different names?

Which make/model of router do you have?

Do you get any error messages when it fails to connect & if so what are they?

Keith

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi SIXBIKES,

@KeithFrench - Would you be able to offer any advice on this one please?

Thanks

Michelle