cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email set up in Windows on new laptop

popsurge
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have an old laptop running Windows 10 and Office 2010. The email uses pop 3. Everything works fine. I have now purchased a new laptop running Windows 11 and Office 365. I have added my TalkTalk account and the codes appear correct. The email uses IMAP. I cannot receive any emails. My technical abilities are average, but all the instructions, I have read, do not resolve my problem. Is there a problem with one PC on pop 3 and one on IMAP?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Set up the conventional Outlook 365 software as an IMAP email account and then cease using the Outlook 2010 package as that is inherently insecure and not supported nor recommended.

Let us know how you get on.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

The default is to new outlook. I will switch it off and try again. Thanks.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

There could be a problem if you have both devices connected to your mailbox and the POP3 email account is downloading and deleting from the server.  Then the IMAP email account does not see the Inbox messages.  It will see all other synchronised mailbox folders just not the Inbox messages that have been deleted.

Which version of Outlook have you set up on the Office 365 laptop? If you've gone straight to New Outlook which is the intended replacement for Windows Mail on Windows 10 and Windows 11 then that New Outlook aka Outlook for Windows does not function with TalkTalk Mail.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution