cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Bill increase following "free" upgrade

Est1882
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I've just had my first bill since we were upgraded from Fibre 65 to Fibre 150 FTTP and I've been charged extra for the new service.

When agreeing for this free upgrade to take place the email stated 'Not only is your upgrade free of charge, but there will be no change to your current contract, monthly bill, telephone number, or extra services.' and the email confirming the new Fibre 150 contract also states the (additional) cost at £0.00.

I also never got the £25 voucher promised as part of the upgrade either - has something not been updated somewhere to indicate that I went through this process?

Thanks

Screenshot_20231122_192420_Gmail.jpegScreenshot_20231122_192234_Gmail.jpegScreenshot_20231122_192347_Gmail.jpeg
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Est1882

Unfortunately I will have to advise you to contact our loyalty team, the package price has changed to full price, sadly I have no way of changing it back to your original price, the Full fibre loyalty team will need to fix this for you. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Glad to hear that my calculation tallied with the correction they made for you, @Est1882. I got quite into analysing the bill and doing the sums!😁

But, you will want the contracted amount clarified asap. Hopefully @Arne-TalkTalk will reply soon.

The credit will have been applied AFTER the bill was made up & they can't alter the bill after issuing it, so this month's credit will be listed as an item on NEXT month's bill to reflect what actually happened. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Est1882
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Ah, you're absolutely right @Gliwmaeden2.!

Just checked my transaction history and there is a credit there for £24.37 from 24th November meaning that when the direct debit payment was taken on 30th it was for.... £23.98, just as it should have been. 

How strange that the bill doesn't list the credit and that it's been done this way. 

Still, at least my contract still seems to be the same as promised. 

Now let's wait and see what next month's bill/credit cycle looks like, as when viewing my account noticed that was now showing my contract as £42.93...

Message 4 of 9

Normally, if we renew, we get a really complicated bill the next month, which is rather hard to fathom, and uses jargon such as "discount reversal " etc. It's often quite hard to follow the maths....

But this was an upgrade. It looks like they have treated the new contract as though it discontinues the previous discount of £8.95 per month (so bringing the monthly rate up to £32.93 from £23.98) but they have backdated the reversal for 3 further weeks, all the way back to 1st October. That is likely to be why the discount reversal shows as £15.42, and it's been added to this month's non-discounted bill going forward, so £32.93 for the coming month plus £15.42 retrospectively covering c 7 weeks reversed discount, hence £48.35.

Was it around the 1st October that you accepted the upgrade to FTTP?

So I've explained where the numbers are seemingly coming from, but that doesn't explain why whoever set up the new contract treated it as though it discontinued the discount from the previous deal. That's supposed to continue till next June.

The wording of the offer doesn't lead one to expect this to happen!

Check to see whether there's a credit in Transaction History for the discrepancy. Sometimes the upfront billing figure is offset by a credit to make up the difference so it cancels it out. I would hope to see £15.42 plus the £8.95 they added this month to fully credit the difference back to you!

If there's nothing there yet, we'll see what Arne comes back with.

The maths seems logical as above, but it's not what you signed up for!

There have been a few instances where these deals have not been correctly applied, or an offer of eg  "3 months free" is not honoured initially but gets credited back in one lump sum credit to make it right.

Putting this back in the queue for attention for staff to follow up for you during the day, @Est1882.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Est1882
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Hi Arne,

Just wondering if you've had a chance to look into this yet and whether you have ascertained why my bill went up when the email said it would not change? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Est1882

I will look into this. 

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

0 Likes

Est1882
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response and flagging this with the support team.  I've not had the voucher in my spam folders either, although I'm less bothered about this than the bill increase. 

FAO Support - I've attached copy of my bills showing increase from £23.98 last month to £48.35 this month.

Thanks. 

Screenshot_20231123_121033_Chrome.jpegScreenshot_20231123_120932_Chrome.jpeg
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

It should not increase in price during the length of the current contract & you should have received your voucher after 45 days. Have you checked your junk or spam email folders?

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?