cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unlimited calls boost?

apeterb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello all.

I seem to be having a similar issue to others - I noticed my bill had gone up, unexpectedly.

So, I log in, and see this:

apeterb_0-1694442491337.png

Given that I effectively never actually use the phone, and have to log in here to find out what the number is, I am perplexed.

I'd never have opted in for this "boost", though I am sure others would find it to be great value for money.

It gets worse though: the "change your package" screen doesn't present the option to cancel this, never mind get my £16 back.

I've tried the online chat, but all I get is this green spinning icon:

apeterb_1-1694442748599.png

Was wondering if @Arne-TalkTalk could assist, as he seems to be all over similar issues experienced by @peterk3@AaronS396  and others.

Thanks (be gentle, it's my first post here).

7 REPLIES 7

apeterb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hurrah. Jessa on the online chat sorted me out - cancelled the boost, and I might be in with a shout of a refund next month.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks, and yay Opera. I thought I'd turned off all the stop-the-annoying-things plugins, but apparently not.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Try another browser  / disable ad blockers / enable pop ups, @apeterb.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 8

> For some reason it has not been showing for people to remove it on a lot of cases
Seems that way, @Gliwmaeden2 😕

The text chat tool isn't doing anything for me, apart from the spinning green bars.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

For some reason it has not been showing for people to remove it on a lot of cases, @apeterb.

Either wait for staff to reach your thread to reply, or contact Talktalk directly yourself to get it removed. Unused days after removal will be refunded on following month's bill.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

apeterb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Turns out I have been paying this for the past three months, as I apparently got it free at some point, and the free aspect of the boost has expired.

More fool me for not keeping an eye on the account... But I don't have the option to cancel from the "My Account" screen:

apeterb_0-1694443675233.png

0 Likes